Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

How Old is too Old to be a Student?

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm going to be 35 and I'm considering going to dental school and then proceeding with my Dental Radiology certification. I'm a single mom, I know I will qualify for assistance. I didn't go to college, I went to Medical Assisting school after high school, but due to my health problems and failing my hearing test-obviousy pursuing RN is a dead dream to me now because if I can't hear then I can't correctly take your vitals :( My son's father & I took real estate courses 7 years ago but didn't take the state exam..I feel like I'm ready to go back to school but I'm all sorts of nervous about it! I had an appt. this morning to talk to counselor but I woke up with a sore throat so reschedule for next week!

by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:09 AM
Replies (51-57):
LuckyMom822
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:42 AM

The day you die my be a little late. Other than that, it's never too late. Go for it!!!

jlm2676
by Jen on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:47 AM
I went back to school at 34. Next Tuesday I will receive a diploma in Pastry Arts (already received a degree in Culinary Arts last year). I turned 37 the day before my last day of extern.

In my culinary class I had a classmate who was 51 and in my pastry class I had a classmate in her early 60s.

Your never to old.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
diaperstodating
by Angel on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:48 AM
You are never to old to be a student!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
EmilyJ604
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:50 AM

My mom is 56 and she is going through online schooling while working full time to get her teaching degree I dont think its ever to late

VickiB
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:58 AM

I'm 38 and I'm graduating this month with my BA in Early Childhood Education and plan to continue my education to achieve my Masters. You are never too old to learn ;)

TattoomamaPink
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:32 AM

I'm 31 soon to be 32 in March and I just actually went back to school online to further my education in Medical Administrative.I think your never to old for school!!:)

storkradio193
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:57 PM

It's never too late.  I would just say be careful about loans and really think about paying it back before you get it.  I don't regret my loans and schooling, but I tried to keep them as low as possible.  I know many others who will be paying a lot of money for a long time.

http://www.cafemom.com/home/storkradio193

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)