Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Anyone else???

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:35 PM
  • 33 Replies

get so tired by the end of the day there is just nothing left!  I'm a SAHM, my daughter is 12 months old and my son is 10.  I think I had more energy when I was teaching school.  I feel bad but when my hubby gets home and we have dinner I'm done!  I put the baby to bed, go over any homework and I'm asleep by 8, sometimes 7:30 if all goes well.  I get up once usually with my baby, but lately she's been sleeping until 5:30 (she goes to bed by 7).  I run at least 3 times a week, try to walk the other days, and keep the house clean, vacuum about every day, I use a small battery vacuum - only do the big vacuuming once maybe twice a week because we have a large breed dog in the house.  Anyway, I love my dh so much, he works really hard to provide for our family and helps out with the kids all the time.  He bathes the baby every night, cleans the dishes most nights and cooks dinnner some nights.  He also cooks breakfast every morning (I clean it up).  I want to feel energized and sexy at least one night so I can enjoy my husband and he can enjoy me!  Guess I needed to vent a little.  Any advice?

Don't squat with your spurs on!

Melissacowgirl

by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
G2Mama
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:33 AM

bump

shevonne0808
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this

its very difficult to obtain that balance. I work full time and go to school part time but I feel the same way. Im in bed by 830/9 pm myself most nights. My advice will be a couple of things. Read the book the 5 love languages by Dr. Chapman. I believe this will help you identify what your husband love language is so you can show him love how he most relates. Also, is there someone who can take your kids for a sleepover on a Fri or Sat night? if so, dedicate that time to your spouse and be as sexy as you wanna be lol... one of my other suggestions, maybe one night you can order to prevent clean up after dinner, have your 10 yr old be ready for bed early and while your hubby is giving the baby a bath you can be getting ready for him. I tend to set up "happy time" as my husband calls it ahead of time by making sure my 9 yr old finishes her homework before dinner so right after dinner both of my kids can get baths and be in bed by 8 pm. Try different things until you finds what works for you.

erikadi
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:05 AM

It sounds like exercise is not the problem. Maybe you can give each other massages to relax or take a hot shower together. Do you take vitamins?

LuckyMom822
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Can you have a date night once a week so you two can focus only on each other?

joyfulmom30
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:59 AM

BUMP!

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:03 AM
Hmm thankfully I've been blessed with unending energy so I don't have that problem.
How is your diet? Maybe that will help?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ShelbysHope76
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Pick one night and take a shower when you would otherwise be lying down. get nice and clean, and have hubby waiting patiently for you. I hear that is a hard balance for the SAHM mom's. Hard for working mom's too, but we are fueled by too much coffee and mentally can't shut down easily so we are moving around the house a lot after work and nothing is done by 8 or 9pm so we are still going.

USD2012
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Im intersted in this topic of yours Melissa. Im a working from home mum to a 8 months old and have the same issue.. I love my DH in loads and knows he too love me in loads but recently I sensed a bitter distance developing in between us. I tried to talk with him and that didnt work out as he is kind of a reserved person. would love to hear from other moms advice.

G2Mama
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:06 PM

My mom is willing to keep the baby one night but it truly wears her out. She goes to physical therapy once a week already and I just hate to ask her to keep the baby over night bc she can be a handfull -- into everything!  My son goes to his dad's tongiht and will be back tomorrow for us to take him to school so maybe tonight...idk, dh is in Va. today working and will be so tired when he gets home but he is never too tired for hanky panky.  i'm gonna try to reserve energy today for him.  I just want to show him how much he is loved.  Thought about getting a bottle of wine for when he gets home and see where it goes, even thought about the 5 hour energy drink.  I eat pretty healthy to set an example for our dd.  I'm just brain drained by 7:00.  I have enjoyed the responses.  What do other mom's do to feel sexy and be sexy for their SO?  I want to really do something special for my dh!  He brought me beautiful flowers and a gift for our daughter on the 13th bc dd's b-day is the 14 and he said we need our own special day for V-day.  He's a great man and I don't want to neglect him.  Thanks again for the encouragement.

G2Mama
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:16 PM

Have a question....I am probably the only one on here that has not read the Shade's of Grey books, will they really spark my libido? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN