Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Man purse/clutch

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:53 AM
  • 18 Replies

So off and on for the past 2 years my husband had this idea about a "man purse" Last night as usual we were both watching late prime time, reading our Ipads, when he leans over and says "What do you think of this" It was a beautiful clutch, He was like "its $200 dollars, but since you pay that much for your bags, I figure I will indulge"....

Long story short, it wasn't for me.....It was a Man Clutch. So am I just behind on the times, is the "cool" or "couture" what the heck, I just can't imagine seeing this very manly man, carrying a clutch, or purse. Not a messenger bag ladies, a purse. So what are your thoughts?? Or do you have a husband or SO that has one?

I would never wrong my husband for carrying a man purse, I just thinks its a little wierd. But then mabey I need to get with it...

by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:21 AM

They aren't new and I don't know anyone that carries them, but I have seen other men carry them.  My SO refers to them as murses (man-purses).  They actually talked about them on Seinfeld years ago!

ChancesMommy07
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:23 AM

Its not new but my husband would sooner hack off his own arm than carry something like that. He doesn't even like to hold MY purse. And I have very pretty purses,lol.

aj23
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:24 AM

I wouldn't be okay with it. It would just be too odd for me to be with a man who carried a purse. I don't even carry a purse (or a clutch).

PlaysAllDay
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:28 AM
My dad has a murse, lol. He loves it. he always has a ton of crap with him and his laptop bag is too big. I wouldn't care if DH got one, then I wouldn't be asked to put his shit in my purse.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LuckyMom822
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this

I like a rough and tumble kinda guy so no. I would not like my guy carrying a man purse. That's just weird. I'm going to be the pretty one with the accessories. Not my guy.

BLRiley
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:50 AM
I personally think it is hilarious! My husband carries a backpack sometimes when he needs to carry stuff to work. I don't understand what men have to carry that would require a purse. We he makeup, lipstick/chapsticks, hair brushes, calendars, plus the kids' 50 million things. What do guys put in their purses? I don't want to step on anyone's toes, but I'd rather my DH did NOT carry a man purse. I think I might be embarrassed (that's just me).
wifeynmommie80
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:54 AM

To me it is embarrassing, I am just imagining walking up to my dads house with that purse in his hands. Or walking into the store.  I just don't think he cares. And he doesn't carry anything , he doesnt even carry cash. Just cards,   My mother got him an engraved gold plated wallet for Christmas..he gave it to our son.

Quoting BLRiley:

I personally think it is hilarious! My husband carries a backpack sometimes when he needs to carry stuff to work. I don't understand what men have to carry that would require a purse. We he makeup, lipstick/chapsticks, hair brushes, calendars, plus the kids' 50 million things. What do guys put in their purses? I don't want to step on anyone's toes, but I'd rather my DH did NOT carry a man purse. I think I might be embarrassed (that's just me).

conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:54 AM
I only have wallet, keys, and s cell phone in mine. Maybe a few bills that need to be paid... but those are all things a guy could use a "murse" for to. I think if a guy wants one its his choice not mine.

Quoting BLRiley:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BLRiley
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:00 PM
OMG!! LOL!!! Then why in the heck does he want it?? Hahaha. He likely won't even use it.

Quoting wifeynmommie80:

To me it is embarrassing, I am just imagining walking up to my dads house with that purse in his hands. Or walking into the store.  I just don't think he cares. And he doesn't carry anything , he doesnt even carry cash. Just cards,   My mother got him an engraved gold plated wallet for Christmas..he gave it to our son.

Quoting BLRiley:

1CrazyCajun
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:22 PM

My husband would die then carry one. LOL.

Mainstream Moms Attached Parenting not quite your style. Are you more laid back?Come join other like minded moms.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)