Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

I feel like I've been on hold ALL day...

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:14 PM
  • 9 Replies

Venting: I'm still on maternity leave (one more week) and trying to setup payment plans for this mountain of medical bills I now have to pay after delivering 2 months ago. I feel like I'm losing "me" time because everyone has kept me on hold for almost 10 minutes at a time even though setting up the payments takes 2 minutes. Lame.

Edit: So naturally I'm on Cafe Mom while on hold. lol

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MinglingMom
by Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:28 PM

I just hung up on one after being on hold for 20 minutes. Ridiculous.

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Feb. 23, 2013 at 2:42 AM
I hate being on hold! Good luck
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lisahappymom
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 2:58 AM

Yeah, sometimes when I'm on hold for a long time, I just put the phone on speaker and then several minutes later as I'm typing away on something completely unrelated to the call, I hear a voice come on the phone, and I have to think for a second about what the phone call was for, because it's been so long that I forgot! 

USD2012
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 5:09 AM

same as you.. putting the phone on speaker is the best way to cope it up.. its a pain as these holding calls are mostly not toll free.. :(

Quoting lisahappymom:

Yeah, sometimes when I'm on hold for a long time, I just put the phone on speaker and then several minutes later as I'm typing away on something completely unrelated to the call, I hear a voice come on the phone, and I have to think for a second about what the phone call was for, because it's been so long that I forgot! 

tapies2324
by Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 5:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Id hang up. When theyi havent gotten paid they will most assuredly call YOU. Make sure to put THEM on hold at least twice for ten minutes.
lovebeingamu178
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 6:06 AM

I hate being on hold too one thing I liked my phone and Internet company they asked for my phone so I could hang up and they called me back when it was my turn it helped so much!

MinglingMom
by Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:23 AM
I had it on speaker but since I only have a cell phone with limited minutes, I couldn't let the literally waste my time anymore. Good thing I have free weekends and they take calls on the weekend.

Quoting USD2012:

same as you.. putting the phone on speaker is the best way to cope it up.. its a pain as these holding calls are mostly not toll free.. :(

Quoting lisahappymom:

lisahappymom
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:20 PM

Oh my gosh, they're toll numbers!!!!  Ugh!  Paying to wait is the worst!!!  I feel your pain!

Quoting USD2012:

Quoting lisahappymom:

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:34 PM
Agreed!

Quoting lisahappymom:

Oh my gosh, they're toll numbers!!!!  Ugh!  Paying to wait is the worst!!!  I feel your pain!

Quoting USD2012:

Quoting lisahappymom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)