Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Pregnant and Pissed Off

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:40 PM
  • 19 Replies

I have an 8yro DS and a DH. I'm suffering from Hypermesis Gravidarum, (severe sickness with pregnancy). Tonight I am fuming mad that they both are content with their video games and TV while I've been cooped up every single day.

I can't go out. But no one is even talking to me or trying to make me feel good. I know my DS is just a kiddo and shouldnt really know.. but he KNOWS mommy. I went from the living room, to the bedroom. I'm just a ghost in DH life. Then this happens.....

My DH has been ASLEEP since an hour after he got home from work and he barely talked to me. I cried to him when he got home and he just hugged me and went on his way.  I haven't mentioned being upset in a long time to him. It was just strange.

Im pissed. If I didn't get sick from moving around I would get out of here and get something sugary and wander walmart and buy myself a Wii. I have wanted one, I feel like a baby for it. It would give me something else to do other than read email, surf the web, and pay the bills... or watch CSI. 

I think it's time for me to put myself to bed. Lights out! 

by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LuckyMom822
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:50 PM
1 mom liked this

You poor girl! I would definitely get my wii! Ds doesn't know any better but dh needs to give you a shoulder to cry on.

Firewoman33
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Pffft. Order the wii get yourself some games and google Tv while you're at it!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
maybe80
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:24 AM
5 moms liked this
DH just apologized to me and told me to get the wii....

And he's making me waffles. What!??? ;) my evening turned around!

Quoting Firewoman33:

Pffft. Order the wii get yourself some games and google Tv while you're at it!
hollydaze1974
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 1:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Get it off the net, mama! I know you want to be out, but buy it off the net... Some games, too. And dare DH to say a word about it.

I'm sorry you are so sick :-( you can still do retail therapy, though.
SallyB_LMT
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 2:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Aw honey, that sucks.  I am glad your dh came around finally.  It's hard to deal with being pregnant and in pain especially when you're bored on top of it and can't really get up and do anything about it.  I hope the wii works out for you.  I love our xbox, it has the kinect for when we want to get up and move and tons of other games with the controllers online.  :)  Take care!

lisahappymom
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 2:38 AM

I vote yes on the Wii too.  You could also let DH know that you need him to show that he's concerned about how you're feeling.

Waterswaves
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Do you like to read? There are tons of free books online. All Romance ebooks has a lot of free romance books and Myebookshabit lists a lot of the free Amazon Kindle books.The Wii is a good idea, especially if you can play it from bed. Pogo games online is also a good site for amusing yourself. Hope things get better and glad the dh came through for you.

mommybug77
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Not quite sure what i think.

LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Feb. 23, 2013 at 8:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I am sorry hon. I feel your pain. I had hyperemesis too.

BLRiley
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 8:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I HATE how the Xbox and ps3 consume some guys. It makes me feel so unappreciated and emotionally neglected. My DS's father's mind is constantly consumed with technology. If his eyes aren't in the tv, or video game, they are on the computer, his phone, or some other form of technology. I did feel like a ghost with him. My DH now, and my DD's father doesn't play the video games at all and I thank God everyday. It's too easy to become totally obsessed with the game system. It's just not for me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)