Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

?????Headaches...

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:13 PM
  • 21 Replies
What can I take for my headaches while prego ????
CafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LuckyMom822
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:27 PM

I don't know if you can take it while pregnant but excedrin migraine knocks out a headache. I love it! 

secondboy2012
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:53 PM
3 moms liked this
A chiropractor can really help.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Feb. 23, 2013 at 2:40 AM
I second the chiropractor. I have some headache balm I rub on my temples and it goes away.
hollydaze1974
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 2:45 AM
Physical therapy can help, too

No excedrin b/c of the aspirin

poppyseed77
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 7:42 AM
You basically can't take anything but tylenol. I have migraines and I had a really bad one my ob gave me fioricet which is plus/minus for me...I miss my imitrex. He was saying something abt ok to take aspirin before 10 weeks, before the kidneys were made but I wasn't going to risk it.
I also took mucinex (plain not d) for the sinus pressure and it did help a bit. I just got over a 3 day HA with mucinex and fioricet. Good luck and feel better
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Proud.mama.of2
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 7:55 AM
Tylenol.if that doesn't help your doc may prescribe something for you.
USD2012
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:02 AM

try drinking lot of water. helped me to reduce my headaches during my pregnancy.. i did once take Paracetamol.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:05 AM

tylenol was the only thing my ob would approve while pregnant.

ronvot
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:24 AM
I am prone to migraines and I had a bad week of pain to the point of vomiting during my pregnancy. I went to urgent care and got a prescription that I could rub on my wrists, but my concern for my baby was so high that I didn't end up using it. It was there as a last resort but what I took instead was Tylenol PM. Tylenol is approved while pregnant and so is Benedryl, which is essentially the sleep aid in Tylenol PM. Tylenol really never does anything for my headache pains but at least I was able to mostly sleep through it.
nermall1102
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:28 PM
Drink plenty of water. Camomille tea is safe to drink to help u relax at night. Ice packs on ur head where the headache stemps from for ten mins in each area can help too. Also curting out artificial sweetners can help too as they tend to trigger headaches.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)