Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Aunt Flo while pregnant? ***UPDATE***

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:55 PM
  • 25 Replies

I told my hubby tonight that if I hadn't had my period, I would totally think I was pregnant! The night Aunt Flo came knocking I got a BFN, but because she hadn't showed, I thought I was just too early. Then she came. However, I feel the exact same way I felt when I first was pregnant with my son. Is it even possible that I am? Has anyone had a full period and still been preggos. I'm not trying to be crazy and make it so when it's not and I don't want to waste a test with my craziness either! Any thoughts??

UPDATE - Took a PT this am with FMU and it was neg so on to the next month :) Super short period - don't know if I should be thankful or concerned lol!

by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaToCarson
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:22 PM
I should also point out that this "period" was only on Friday. Non existent today!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SMTCMMoore
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 12:05 AM
Test in 48 hours
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Feb. 24, 2013 at 1:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Could have been implantation bleeding. I bled 1 day when I became pregnant with ds.
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Feb. 24, 2013 at 7:29 AM

I would take a test.

mrsary
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 7:35 AM
Yea. I bled every month my period was due with my first 2 pregnancies. With my 3rd I bled the day my period was due the 1st month & didn't bleed again. What I researched back then was if its not a constant flow then u are prob preg.
MamaToCarson
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:29 AM
Did it seem to be almost like a normal period? I used a tampon but only for the one day.

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Could have been implantation bleeding. I bled 1 day when I became pregnant with ds.

erikadi
by Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:19 AM

I don't know about full period, I think lighter periods though I have heard of that happening.

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:24 AM

I had some spotting, but very little.  I know some women will have a period the first month or two.  I agree with a PP.  Test in a couple days.  I understand your concern for not wanting to waste a test.  I was the same way.  Try the dollar store.  Their tests are reliable. 

BLRiley
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:59 AM
I bled for like 2 weeks. But it was not a "period". It is impossible to have a "period" where you ovulate if you are pregnant. But you can have implantation bleeding which is what I had. It can last a day, or more. My dr said implantation bleeding was normal from 4-6 weeks. With mine, it was like old blood plus light pink new blood. I thought my body was just trying to "get started" w/my period for a long time. But after 2 weeks and no heavy flow, I took a test (a dollar tree test) & I was SHOCKED!

Quoting ScrChk23:

I had some spotting, but very little.  I know some women will have a period the first month or two.  I agree with a PP.  Test in a couple days.  I understand your concern for not wanting to waste a test.  I was the same way.  Try the dollar store.  Their tests are reliable. 

MamaToCarson
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 10:08 AM
I wouldn't call this bleeding light but since my periods are very regular and last 4-5 days with at least 3 days of constant bleeding this one with only one day of bleeding has gotten me wondering. When I wipe there is nothing but a light pink or brown tint. Nothing like what it was on Friday. Maybe I'm just trying to read too much into it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)