Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is your perfect family day?

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:45 PM
  • 16 Replies
What is your perfect family day? When is the last time you had one?
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aandt1999
by Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:55 PM

About a month ago we went to a state park and had a bbq and walked through the trails. It was nice, we finished the day with a movie. It was a great day because my son never threw any tantrums of any kind, no screaming or embarassing moments, my daughter was not in her normal pre-teen funk, we took pictures. That's my perfect day. Or all of that but at the beach :) No stress. Those moments don't come around enough. 

Asteria3
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:57 PM
I finally got my so desired perfect family day, today!

My day started out with me being crabby, but then we went to my son's soccer game and I forgot that I was being crabby!

My son scored the winning point for his team and the grandparents got to see it! He was so happy. Then we went home where we played random games and things through out the day. I got to spread my time out with all 3 kids. We played in doors for awhile and then ended up out doors. My husband was also home! He was not sick or working for once! :) He got to tinker in the garage while the kids played around him.

We finally came in for popcorn and a movie. For dinner the kids helped make mini pizzas. After dinner we picked up frozen yogurt and finished the night off watching one of the kids shows. It is now almost 10 and we are all happy tired and in bed.

One of the best family days I have had in awhile. So needed and very happy!
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Feb. 24, 2013 at 1:05 AM
Any day my son doesn't have a meltdown.
We frequently have family days but hubby has been on call so much it's been a while.
We did eat dinner outside next to a campfire the other night then we looked at the moon with ds telescope.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SallyB_LMT
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 1:49 AM

My favorite family days are when we get out of the house and do something together, like go to the Farmer's Market or the Chinese Garden downtown, or take the kids to the zoo or the museum.  We went 2 weeks ago to the Chinese Garden to celebrate Chinese New Year, which was very crowded, but so fun.  The kids got to see the Lion dancers.  :) 

lovebeingamu178
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 3:28 AM

I don't know when our last perfect family outing was !

import1a92
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:39 AM
My perfect family day would be the 3 of us taking the Metra into the city to the Shedd Aquairum early in the morning, followed by lunch at Golden Corral, a trip to the park for an hour, shopping for a special toy DD has been begging for, dinner at our favorite family restaurant near home, easy and fun bath time, a few bedtime stories being read and tuck DD into bed.

Sadly, I refuse to leave the house before 10am. DH will raise holy hell with me trying to get me into the shower and not take 2 hours to get dolled up. He rather I roll out of bed and throw clothes on like his ex-wife or himself. I'm not a man!

DH refuses to take the train because he believes it is unsafe for us. I however have been on the subways in NYC and dealt with much worse out there with no fears.

DD doesn't try much foods that I buy, so buffets are they only option I have to get her to try something new.

A trip to the park is useless. She rather stay for HOURS! More so if other kids are there. But let's face it, it's winter right now and the playgrounds are all covered in snow. My best bet is taking her to Monkey Joe's.

And the rest usually happens normally and I can't complain about them!

Our last perfect family outting was last Sept when my parents came with us and we went to Rainforest Adventures in Pigeon Forge, TN. We stayed there for HOURS so entertained! Not a single meltdown happened from anyone. LOL!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
paigesmommy811
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 12:17 PM
My dh and our three children all go riding on our 4wheelers and no one gets hurt. Or going camping we all love to go tubing on the boat or fishing. I guess we have lots of things we love to do. I love to shop at the good will store i would go every day if i could
la_bella_vita
by Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 1:04 PM

We love to take day trips to the local parks in our area. We go hiking, picnic and sometimes go swimming. I can't wait for spring/summer!

Pazamia
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 4:30 PM

For me a perfect day consists of a picnic next to a river with my family of five.  I enjoy being outside in nature. 

bugayfamilyof4
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:20 PM
Every Sunday is our favorite day!! We go to mass then out for lunch. Come home put in our p.js and watch t.v together.

But today all three kids have coughs so we are hangin out in bed.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)