Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

My hubby got IT taken care of...(emotional dribble)

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:07 AM
  • 23 Replies

So yeah, he did the snip-snip. He always knew he would and I'm very glad the responsibility is not on me. I could have never done something so permanent. I'm not so good at being logical.

We have a boy, from my previous marriage, who's 13 and two girls -4 and +1. He is definitely done. And for purely logical reasons I am too. My son is older and I don't want him to miss out on being part of his siblings everyday life. Plus we're kinda outa room and money. But emotionally I want anouther one.

Any one else dealing with this?

by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ScrChk23
by Amanda on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Kinda.  I have one from a previous marriage.  SO has two from his previous marriage.  And we have one together.  All boys.  He hasn't scheduled it yet, but he is going to.  I kinda want a girl so I can name her after my mom (she passed away in 2010).

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:03 AM

I wish my husband would go through with it since he said he was going to after our youngest was born, 7 years ago, but of course he reneged. I had absolutely no desire to have any more children. We have 3 and our family is complete :)

hollydaze1974
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 1:43 PM
Baby fever always happens, either after your last starts walking and/ or the choice is no longer there. It happens to alot of us.

I, however , am in the minority. I hated being pregnant, that lack of sleep, night terrors,.... I remember all the frustration and I'm thrilled to not go through it again, personally . It probably helped that both third trimesters took place in the got awful months of heat waves!!!
I think your husband is a hero for getting "snipped" as so many men are such babies about it even though it is much less invasive.

I know it can be hard, but alot of us want another when the choice is permanent I'm sorry :-/
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LAH2x
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 2:33 PM

DH got snipped after DD2 was born. I'm ok with it, 2 kids are enough for me!

Jen4boys06
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 2:36 PM

This is our 5th and DH will get snipped after the baby is born. I've always wanted 5 and since I have 4 boys, I'm really hoping this is a girl since its our last baby :)  Either way, I'm definitly done after this one!

Jen4boys06
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Even though I have a large family, I still think it will be sad when he gets fixed.  5 children is plenty, but the thought that we are definitly done is sad.  I think its because having babies is addicting :) 

CampClan
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 2:40 PM
1 mom liked this
NOPE! I have 5 kids from my ex husband & I knew when I had #5 he was the last! So I had a tubal when I had my c-section!

Now ex on the other hand... he claimed he was done but he has a 6th child now.

Now if I ever get lucky enough to meet another man & he has kids then great! I would welcome them into my family!
ooCherryo0
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 2:53 PM

I wish my hubby had got snipped instead of me getting clipped. Mostly because during my time of month it feels 100xs worse then it used too.

tanper29
by Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 4:44 PM
My hubby is getting snipped. I think it will be an adjustment. Seems like we want something more when the option is no longer there. When hubby and i met he had 4 kids and i had 3. Then we had 1 and now expecting a 2nd together. Giving us a total of 9 kids combined. Ranging in ages 21 17 16 14 12 10 8 4 and shell be born soon. No they dont all live with us. His oldest lives on her own and the other 3 live with their mom. We will have 5 under our roof very soon.
bugayfamilyof4
by Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:15 PM
I would love more!!! Hubby is good with 3.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)