Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

How many of you?

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:26 PM
  • 23 Replies
Have friends with babies? My brother and his wife have a one month old, also another friend of mine and her dh have a one month old. My guy will be five months Saturday, so it's that people I'm close with have babies. Other than that I have two close friends that have bf's, but no kids or anything. Not sure when they'll get engaged, my beastie has been with her bf for like over six years, no ring or anything. He also has no job, I know she loves him, but I'm wondering how long before it gets old. Anyway, you still maintain your friendships, but it's funny how things change
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pink.Frosting
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Nope, for me all of my friends have older kids.  We're all late thirties and forties with teens.  There's not anyone in my circle with littles.

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:46 PM

None of my friends have infants. But that's fine because neither do we. We really don't have any friends with kids the same age as our kids. Our son is 10 and most of our kids friends are 8 and younger. We have a 5 year old daughter as well but most of our friends kids are boys. 

When I first started having my kids none of my friends had kids yet and we grew apart. A few years later I was the one that they called for advice when they had theirs. 

MrsJoe125
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:51 PM

BUMP!

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:51 PM

My best friend has a 3 1/2 year old ... my DD is 9 makes a huge difference.  The girls are too far apart to play together or anything ... babies do change everything.  I don't see my BFF as much as I used to see her before she had her DD.  One of my friends has a girl my daughter's age which works out great.  My other good friend is a "spinster" going on 40,  forever single and un-attached so we lead very different lives.  And well we all get sucked in to the home life, the husband, the homework etc etc etc

MJP76
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 4:58 PM

I have a few "friends" that have babies.. We don't make it a habit hanging around them though.. We have our own lives and all our kids are over the age of 10.

ChloeDolce1
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 5:00 PM

Most of my closest friends do not have kids yet. Most are just starting to get married now....and some are not even near that yet (I am 30...most of my friends are between 28-32)  Most people here just tend to wait til a bit later in life to get married and have kids.  I was 25 when I had my oldest son and that was considered very young amongst my friends and area.   I have made a few more "mom friends" here and there through the school and my kid's activities but I am just not one of those people who thinks because we both have kids that means we have much in common or should be friends.  I have still maintained my close friendships even though I had kids and many of my friends don't.  We still talk a few times a week and i tend to see the closest of them weekly or so.  My kids refer to my 3 closest friends as "Aunts."....if anything my best girlfriends have become closer to me through my big life events by being in my wedding, being there for me when my kids were born and their big life events.  They wetn from my friends who i had fun with to practically being family.  You choose who you keep in your life and how close you keep them...it just takes effort but it's worth it.

sheri305
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 5:04 PM

bump

lulu9209479
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 5:15 PM
I agree. We've been friends for years. I'm a ftm, so it's all new to me

Quoting ChloeDolce1:

Most of my closest friends do not have kids yet. Most are just starting to get married now....and some are not even near that yet (I am 30...most of my friends are between 28-32)  Most people here just tend to wait til a bit later in life to get married and have kids.  I was 25 when I had my oldest son and that was considered very young amongst my friends and area.   I have made a few more "mom friends" here and there through the school and my kid's activities but I am just not one of those people who thinks because we both have kids that means we have much in common or should be friends.  I have still maintained my close friendships even though I had kids and many of my friends don't.  We still talk a few times a week and i tend to see the closest of them weekly or so.  My kids refer to my 3 closest friends as "Aunts."....if anything my best girlfriends have become closer to me through my big life events by being in my wedding, being there for me when my kids were born and their big life events.  They wetn from my friends who i had fun with to practically being family.  You choose who you keep in your life and how close you keep them...it just takes effort but it's worth it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raeann11
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:46 PM

I was the first to have kids. I have one friend that has a son and will no have any more children. Then two of them just got married last year and one is trying for a baby and one is still single.

MinglingMom
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:04 PM

I have friends with babies but none of them live close by. My friends that are close by, sadly, don't have babies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN