Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Anyone own a bearded dragon?

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:38 PM
  • 31 Replies

We are having trouble getting ours to eat and I would like some suggestions.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste him into your signature to help him gain world domination.
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:14 PM

Bump!

sheri305
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:59 PM

bump

Christy_517
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:24 PM
We used to. His name was Puff. Like the magic Dragon, lol. Anyway he went through this a few times, especially when it was really cold out. No matter what his heat lamp was doing for him, he just felt like it was hibernation time. The exotic pet store suggested spoon feeding him jarred baby food such as green beans, peas, or spinach. Puff loved it, and we would get him meal worms while he was getting back in the mood to eat. We saved crickets for when he was doing better, and went back to giving him a pinky once a week (eww!) once he could eat a dozen crickets a day again. I suggest calling an exotic pet store or vet and running stuff past them. Hopefully yours snaps out of it soon! :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TattoomamaPink
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:15 AM
1 mom liked this
I have 2 adult beardies and baby beardies we have also feed ar. Beardies baby food when they don't eat for while .. make sure all ur temps are right cause if there not this will cause them not to eat or even being impacted to and u want to make sure that don't happen because they can die from that make sure u give them water to bath in warm I prefer I give my beardies bath once every 2 days and they love it....
VintageWife
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 3:44 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Feb. 27, 2013 at 3:46 AM
We used to but ours never stopped eating. Good luck.
bunnywzrd
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 8:40 AM

Thank you. I will try and get her some babyfood today.

Quoting Christy_517:

We used to. His name was Puff. Like the magic Dragon, lol. Anyway he went through this a few times, especially when it was really cold out. No matter what his heat lamp was doing for him, he just felt like it was hibernation time. The exotic pet store suggested spoon feeding him jarred baby food such as green beans, peas, or spinach. Puff loved it, and we would get him meal worms while he was getting back in the mood to eat. We saved crickets for when he was doing better, and went back to giving him a pinky once a week (eww!) once he could eat a dozen crickets a day again. I suggest calling an exotic pet store or vet and running stuff past them. Hopefully yours snaps out of it soon! :)

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste him into your signature to help him gain world domination.
bunnywzrd
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 8:42 AM

Thanks. WIll try and get her some babyfood today. As far as I can tell all the temps are right. She was a little backed up and I gave her a bath yesterday and that seemed to have cleaned her out but she still isn't eating. Going to go and get her one of the heated rocks for her to lay on today and see if that will help.

Quoting TattoomamaPink:

I have 2 adult beardies and baby beardies we have also feed ar. Beardies baby food when they don't eat for while .. make sure all ur temps are right cause if there not this will cause them not to eat or even being impacted to and u want to make sure that don't happen because they can die from that make sure u give them water to bath in warm I prefer I give my beardies bath once every 2 days and they love it....

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
IHeartDraven
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 8:59 AM
How old is she?
I agree could be the temp
Could be also be stress. Any new changes?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bunnywzrd
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:02 AM

I would say she is only a couple of months old. She is pretty small. We bought her 2 weeks ago. She was eating just fine up until about 5 days ago. We havn't changed anything since we put her in her cage.

Quoting IHeartDraven:

How old is she?
I agree could be the temp
Could be also be stress. Any new changes?

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN