Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

What do you do?

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:47 PM
  • 144 Replies

Hi Ladies, out of curiosity, what do you do or did you do if your a SAHM (Which I think is very much a job, just one you don't get paid a monetary wage for)? I'm just curious is all.

Before I had DD I worked in a forensic cold lab (and no it was nothing like CSI lol) And before that I was a pharmacy tech...

I work part time freelancing now from home, but I'm curious as to what you ladies do/did or even what you'd like to do if you're going to school or changing careers.

by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kourtneya
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I go to school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CotterpinDoozer
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:51 PM

That's awesome!

Quoting kourtneya:

I go to school.

LuckyMom822
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:56 PM

I am a cost estimator and project manager for a sitework construction company. I love what I do. I am out on job sites or in my office or in meetings. I'm all over the place and construction is always different so I never get bored. 

SAHMinTN
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:00 PM
3 moms liked this

I am a stay home mom of a 7 year old daughter. I home school her, clean house, cook, bake. I just do my best to take care of my home and to try and take care of and be there for my husband and daughter.

CotterpinDoozer
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:02 PM
1 mom liked this

That sounds interesting! My husband works in custom curtain wall, and he was just telling me about someone who sounds like they do what you do.

Quoting LuckyMom822:

I am a cost estimator and project manager for a sitework construction company. I love what I do. I am out on job sites or in my office or in meetings. I'm all over the place and construction is always different so I never get bored. 

CotterpinDoozer
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:04 PM

I respect that! If you don't mind my asking, have you always home schooled? Also, baking is delicious, but I am not a very good baker. I don't know what it is, but I can't seem to grasp it like I did cooking.

Quoting SAHMinTN:

I am a stay home mom of a 7 year old daughter. I home school her, clean house, cook, bake. I just do my best to take care of my home and to try and take care of and be there for my husband and daughter.

Apr08mom2b
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:05 PM

I went to school for Health Care  Management and graduated last year. Our family just relocated to Texas in January 2013 and I am now looking for work full time. Currently I'm a SAHM to my 2 DS, a 5 yrs old and a 5month old, but I am so ready to work right now. Prior to that I was in the service for about 8yrs (Navy). If anyone knows of any openings in my field out in Texas (Houston), please let me know.

diaperstodating
by Angel on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:13 PM
I work part time as a Director at a Before and After School Care program. Before that I was a licensed home day care provider, and before that I worked at a daycare. I was a Stay at Home Mom with my oldest son for two years. I enjoy being off during the summer and being a "temporary stay at home mom". Now I have four boys and no desire to be a permanent stay at home mom ever again.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CotterpinDoozer
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you for your service! With a degree in health care management would you be running doctor's office and such or would you rather be in a hospital setting?

Quoting Apr08mom2b:

I went to school for Health Care  Management and graduated last year. Our family just relocated to Texas in January 2013 and I am now looking for work full time. Currently I'm a SAHM to my 2 DS, a 5 yrs old and a 5month old, but I am so ready to work right now. Prior to that I was in the service for about 8yrs (Navy). If anyone knows of any openings in my field out in Texas (Houston), please let me know.

CotterpinDoozer
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:16 PM

That's neat, do you like being a director there? How did you like being a licensed home day care provider? I know someone who is interested in getting licensed, but I don't know a lot of about it personally.

Quoting diaperstodating:

I work part time as a Director at a Before and After School Care program. Before that I was a licensed home day care provider, and before that I worked at a daycare. I was a Stay at Home Mom with my oldest son for two years. I enjoy being off during the summer and being a temporary stay at home mom, but now I have four boys and no desire to be a permanent stay at home mom ever again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN