Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Do you sleep with your phone?

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 2:39 PM
  • 48 Replies

Hi ladies,
Do you or your spouse sleep with your smartphone in the bed with you?

Do you think technology is reducing the intimacy in your marriage?
Have you seen it destroy another marriage?
on phone

by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aimesnyc
by Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 2:47 PM

I sleep with it in the bedroom, because I use the alarm and in case my family calls in the middle of the night with an emergency.  Or in case I have an emergency (burglar, etc).  But not in bed with me.  I don't check my phone too much at home because I have a laptop.

Technology hasn't affected te intimacy in any new ways.  My husband is a computer geek, but I make it clear when I feel he isn't meeting my needs.  It doesn't reduce the intimacy unless you let it.

SallyB_LMT
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 2:48 PM

We dont have a cell phone...so no.  Dh is however addicted to his computer games, which definitely reduces intimacy.  Occasionally I get pissed off and threaten to break his laptop...then he knows he better spend some time with me...lol  I have not really paid attention to my friends' marriages.  I tend to stay out of other people's issues, 2 of my friends have gotten divorced due to infidelity, however that wasn't due to technology.

breebree04
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 2:48 PM

I sleep with it right next to my bed not in my bed and that because I use it as my alarm. I am single but dont think it would ruin anything in the bedroom anyway because I dont get calls/txt through the night or anything. If I was with someone that left their phone on them in the bed all night I think I would be alittle suspicious and that would probably cause problems

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Feb. 27, 2013 at 2:49 PM

No.  I don't even have a cell phone.

offrdngal
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 3:01 PM
No, our phones stay in the living..usually hooked up to their charges.

LuckyMom822
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 3:14 PM
2 moms liked this

Yes I sleep with my cell under my pillow. I sleep with my tv remote under my pillow also. I sleep hard as a rock and I use my phone for my alarm. I don't wake up if it is on the nightstand because I won't hear it. It doesn't cause intimacy issues with bf and I have never heard of it breaking up a marriage. Except of course online cheating but they would have cheated either way so I can't blame the technology.

Firewoman33
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 3:33 PM
Sure we both sleep with our smartphones. 99% of the time we are not using them. It doesn't interfere with intimacy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 3:40 PM

no I don't.  I used to when DH and I were long distance I slept with my lap top in the bed and my cell phone on the night table.  Now the minute I get home I actually turn my phone to silent mode.  Phones and computers definitely cause intimacy issues with DH and I - Phone because I'll get a text from my ex about a stupidity or him ;  we're busy doing something together and a text or phone call will throw off our groove it became a source of stress for both of us.   The computer I'm seriously fed up of.  DH constantly has the lap top with him no matter what.  Home phone ; DH gets calls from friends back home and can spend litterally hours on the phone, my friends always seem to call at the wrong moment and disturb something or so I try to keep convos short.  Somedays I wish we had nothing but cable coming in the house.

DragonLuv
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 3:42 PM
Never heard of anyone sleeping with they phone...weird. Mine is off when I go to bed and so is DHs
Hafsa1
by Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 3:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, we both do for alarms, and have our chargers setup next to the bed. I don't feel that it is any different than having a landline phone on a nightstand next to the bed, unless of course your partner spends the whole night on his phone and not paying attention to you. When we want to be intimate, we are, the phones don't stop that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)