Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

How emotional are you?

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:21 PM
  • 29 Replies
Do you let your feelings out visibly or do you tend to hold them in? Where do you go/what do you do when you're upset?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
yroder2003
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:40 PM
It depends on the situation for me whether I show my emotions or not. I'm a cancer (zodiac) so I'm very emotional. If I really need to talk I usually call my sis. There's not really anywhere imperticular (sp?) I like to go. sitting outside (as long as it's not hot) is relaxing for me.
LuckyMom822
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:42 PM

I don't show my emotions because I don't usually get emotional. Only if I see someone or something hurting or someone has pushed me too far. Otherwise, it just is what it is. No sense in getting all worked up about it. 

LuckyMom822
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:45 PM

My best friend is a cancer! I'm a Scorpio. I'm unemotional and she is very emotional. I will sit next to her for hours listening and not saying a word while she lets it all hang out. I just keep handing her cigarettes. LOL

Quoting yroder2003:

It depends on the situation for me whether I show my emotions or not. I'm a cancer (zodiac) so I'm very emotional. If I really need to talk I usually call my sis. There's not really anywhere imperticular (sp?) I like to go. sitting outside (as long as it's not hot) is relaxing for me.

Lorena
by Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Around my dh I am extremely emotional. If I am upset about anything this is where I can brake down. around anyone else nope. There are few that have seen me cry or be upset. I can get more done with out emotions.
yroder2003
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Us cancers are compatible with scorpios, probably why your able to sit there and listen and not get totally annoyed lol.

Quoting LuckyMom822:

My best friend is a cancer! I'm a Scorpio. I'm unemotional and she is very emotional. I will sit next to her for hours listening and not saying a word while she lets it all hang out. I just keep handing her cigarettes. LOL

Quoting yroder2003:

hollydaze1974
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:37 PM
I cry in the car, sometimes sitting at the lake or before I go in the house...apparently at the therapists office as proven today.
mommy-munster
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I am a cancer as well and am only emotional in front of my hubby, I don't like others to see me upset. I generally go to the bathroom so nobody sees me either being furious or crying also to splash water on my face look in the mirror and say suck it up it could be worse. Lol then outside to smoke.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsary
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:50 PM
I tend to get emotional at times... the emotions are usually super happy, friendly, & extra jittery.
kourtneya
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:23 AM
I used to cry at the drop of a hat when I was growing up. It's rare for me to cry anymore.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TugBoatMama
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:37 AM

I'm a rather sensitive person. I wear my feelings on my sleeve even when I try hard not to. I remember my first job ever. I was 20 years old. I was a sheltered, somewhat spoiled kid. So this first job was entirely new territory for me and I was having a hard time adjusting. A really hard time. I was so not used to having to remember so many things at once, or having to deal with rude customers that wanted to yell at me over things I didn't do.

My co workers kept telling me to grow up/suck it up, so I tried. I actually broke out in hives from the stress I was trying to hold in so I wouldn't look unprofessional. I felt so stupid and worthless because I couldn't even manage a waitressing job. I had never broken out like that before or since. I have also just been a sahm for the past ten years because I'm afraid I just suck at everything else.

People close to me kind of give me mixed messages though. They say I need to toughen up and let the stress roll off my back. But that only leads to me holding it in. I really try not to make my feelings too obvious all the time but its like I really cannot help it or I will explode. When I do explode, people then want me to go back to expressing something when I feel it. So I don't know. I'm just that way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)