Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Excited and confused

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 5:44 AM
  • 17 Replies
1 mom liked this

So my loom has apparently arrived here in Israel.  I got paperwork from the Israeli Postal Service about it.  The papers look like some type of customs paperwork...but I don't understand them and there is way too much info to translate on my computer.  The post office is closed...so I will have to go in Sunday afternoon and ask an English speaker there to help me understand what I need to do.  The paperwork does not seem to be the customs BILL, I -think- it is paperwork saying I need to sign something to release the boxes -to- customs so they can decide what taxes I have to pay before I can recieve my stuff.  Sometimes my lacking in the language can be SOOOOOO frustrating!!

I am VERY excited that the loom is so close.....and I knew there would be import taxes, etc to deal with which will likely be the most frustrating part of the whole process.  So, none of this is a surprise.  I'm just hoping we can get thru these steps quickly and I can get it here and assemble and start using it SOON!!!!!

by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 5:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
strangeyfine
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 5:56 AM

For the AV.... I saw it more as the American flag being the roots supporting the big Israili flag tree....

strangeyfine
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 5:57 AM

Oh....someone deleted their comment...

VintageWife
by Silver Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:01 AM
Hope you get it figured out!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TableforSeven
by Judy on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:19 AM

Quoting strangeyfine:

For the AV.... I saw it more as the American flag being the roots supporting the big Israili flag tree....

Hmmm - I was offline and didnt see the comment you are referring to.  But - yes, that is what my AV is.  American flag roots (spelling out Shalom in Hebrew) with an Israeli flag tree.  My oldest daughter designed it for me because we are American born but have moved to Israel and are Israeli citizens now (except for Dd#1 who is in the states finishing college).

TableforSeven
by Judy on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:21 AM

Quoting strangeyfine:

Now I'm curious....what was the comment you were referring to? 

Sorry, I'm in and out all day and will be going off-line for Shabbat soon...but now I'm curious about what someone said about my AV.  :-/

LuckyMom822
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 8:24 AM

Awesome! What are you going to make once you get the paperwork and taxes (yuck!) taken care of? Btw-I like your av. 

TableforSeven
by Judy on Mar. 1, 2013 at 8:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting LuckyMom822:

Awesome! What are you going to make once you get the paperwork and taxes (yuck!) taken care of? Btw-I like your av. 

Tallits - Jewish prayer shawls.

Thanks about the AV....my oldest daughter designed it for me.  I LOVE it!! :-)

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:06 AM

Good luck!

notabosley
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:12 AM
I never could sit still to learn. Glad you are finally getting it though.

Quoting LuckyMom822:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Pukalani79
by Kris on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:43 AM

That's exciting! I've got a loom that I've been really excited to start working on.  If I can just find the time to set the warp...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)