Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What frustrations and struggles does your child experience with bed wetting?

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 12:03 PM
  • 112 Replies
1 mom liked this

As moms, we always want our children to have the best and feel their best so it can be difficult to see them struggle with bed wetting issues.

We gave 40 moms GoodNites Bed Mats to help their children get a better night's rest.

Tell Us... What frustrations and struggles does your child experience with bed wetting?

We can't wait to hear from you!

** The CafeMom Team

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Featured Replies
meam4444

I know my daughters (four and five years old) always fear bed-wetting because they almost feel like they failed at something.  They become sad when they have one of their favorite bed sheets on their bed, and we end up having to change it the next night or a few nights later due to bed-wetting.  It is hard because I know it is just a phase, but they are at ages where they want to sleep all night with not having to worry about messing up their precious bed sheets.

mommytoeandb

Our son, age 6, ocassionally wets the bed.  Our frustration is that we never know when it is going to happen!  He is a deep sleeper.  The only silver lining is that he isn't embarassed and can clean himself up.  It takes us two loads to do the sheets, comforter, and bed cover, but at least his mattress is clean.  My husband and I both went through this as kids, so at least we know it can be completely normal. 

easinpc

My son is a heavy sleeper and tends to have accidents when he has a lot on his mind or something is bothering him. For the most part that is the only time he has them anymore. That is always a big indicator to me that something is going on, because other than that he will act like his normal self.

Angelanscalf89
For my son my frustration is with having to wash so much laundry for him its the feeling of disappointing me and his dad. I try to help him by encouraging him
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tigress22304

my dd's biggest frustration is waking up soaked-and having to bathe every morning-and her skin constantly smelling like pee.

we've cut liquids-tried waking up throughout the night-but she still soaks herself constantly

she helps wash her own laundry-strips her bed but to her its a hassle

egyptian_mommy
I actually have two boys ages 6 & 4 who still wet at night. My 6 year old is such a heavy sleeper that he just doesn't wake up to go. He doesn't feel the urge at all. The dr says this is actually very common up until about age 8. My 4 year old is developmentally delayed and has an inconsistent sleep pattern. Sometimes he stays dry all night and others he soaks through everything.

But as you can imagine having the two of them, it does create extra laundry and showers.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
shortyali
My son used to not let us know if he wet the bed. He would go get a towel and sleep on it. We still have an accident here and there with him but what helped was no fluids after 7pm and making him go potty 2 times before bed.

Now I'm about to start potty training my daughter and I think she's going to be tougher. She can sleep through anything so I'm very excited about trying out these bed mats.
SarahSuzyQ
by Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 12:03 PM
My son is not a frequent bed wetter, but when he does wet he really struggles with embarrassment. I have found that bed wetting (for him) goes hand in hand with being sick, so it makes a hard time even more difficult. He feels discouraged and frustrated.

For me, the challenge is the cleanup... Wanting to get back to sleep but first needing to make sure my child and his bedding are clean and dry.
easinpc

My son is a heavy sleeper and tends to have accidents when he has a lot on his mind or something is bothering him. For the most part that is the only time he has them anymore. That is always a big indicator to me that something is going on, because other than that he will act like his normal self.

my4littlegirls

I have 2 dd's ages 9 and 5 that wet the bed. My 9 yr old has encroprosis and poops herself also. She can't help it since she doesn't feel the urge to pee until she has to really go. My 5 yr old it seems like when she does it, it is mainly when she is sick or had a rough day where she passes out asleep sooner than normal.

Momoftwinkies
My dd gets frustrated because she isn't the youngest and she is the only one that still pees the bed. It is very hard to hide from the other kids. It frustrates me that I have to do so much laundry.
catrig

It's sporadic, so we never know when it is going to be a problem.  It seems to bother her when bedwetting occurs.

babynurse454
We have a 11 year old d.d. she is in the 5 the grade,, she doesn't have accidents often but even at her age she will have one ,,when it happens it is usually when she is so tired she won't get up at night when the urge hits her,, she doesn't completely wet, it will wake her up and she will go to the bathroom,, we still have to change everything , and she feels so embarrassed,, we tell her things happen.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)