Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

What frustrations and struggles does your child experience with bed wetting?

Posted by   + Show Post

As moms, we always want our children to have the best and feel their best so it can be difficult to see them struggle with bed wetting issues.

We gave 40 moms GoodNites Bed Mats to help their children get a better night's rest.

Tell Us... What frustrations and struggles does your child experience with bed wetting?

We can't wait to hear from you!

** The CafeMom Team

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Replies (11-20):
catholicmamamia

Our issues with bedwetting are not typical bedwetting incidents related to the bladder, but are related to asthmatic children who get sick to their stomachs when their asthma acts up. 

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

mommytoeandb

Our son, age 6, ocassionally wets the bed.  Our frustration is that we never know when it is going to happen!  He is a deep sleeper.  The only silver lining is that he isn't embarassed and can clean himself up.  It takes us two loads to do the sheets, comforter, and bed cover, but at least his mattress is clean.  My husband and I both went through this as kids, so at least we know it can be completely normal. 

alf2651

My frustration is that my DD doesn't tell us when she wets the bed. She makes her bed and comes downstairs, so I have to go upstairs and check to see if she did or didn't. 

kmqw229
by New Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Our biggest struggle is getting him to go potty before bed - he always fights it.

My 4yo ds is an infrequent bedwetter, but on the rare occasion that it does happen, he gets very embarrassed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sugareemommee
My issue isn't as much with actual bed wetting, it's that my 2 year old rips his diaper off at night or in the mornings to pee pee in his bed. I'm doing his sheets daily, he can remove literally every piece of clothing, no matter what zippers or buttons are on them.

I had hoped it was a phase but it seems to be a habit - it's been 6 months.

So frustrating!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mysticalmalissa

My 5yr old son deals mainly with the occational accidents now. It frustrates him that he isnt a "big boy" yet (where he got that from I'll never know.) and it breaks my heart.

jpalmer
My biggest fustration is NIGHTMARE BED WETTING!!!! He has night terrors which scare him so bad that it causes him to wet the bed...i feel bad because he misses some sleepovers...
baquick
SD is 7 (almost 8) and has sporadic incidents. Usually it has to do something with her mom (long story that I am not getting into). She gets very embarrassed that we have to change the top bunk bed for her. (It's a hassle but she tried to help).
ilovemyboys84

our frustration is with my 7 yr old. he still has accidents at night...atm we are using good nights for him. we cut drinks at 530 and he still has accidents.

pochaccotx
My frustration is having to wash the bedding so much and mattress protectors are noisy to sleep on. Pretty soon I will also be potty training my 2 1/2yr old and night training is no fun.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)