Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

What frustrations and struggles does your child experience with bed wetting?

Posted by   + Show Post

As moms, we always want our children to have the best and feel their best so it can be difficult to see them struggle with bed wetting issues.

We gave 40 moms GoodNites Bed Mats to help their children get a better night's rest.

Tell Us... What frustrations and struggles does your child experience with bed wetting?

We can't wait to hear from you!

** The CafeMom Team

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Replies (21-30):
MrS.GiFFord
My son is only 5 so he doesn't seem too bothered by wetting himself at night. It's mostly a struggle for me because I have to wash and change his sheets so often. :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
babynurse454
My d.d is 11 years old and she does every once in awhile have a accident,, due to being very tired and sleeps right through that urge ,she is very ashamed when it happens and I reassure her that it is OK,, accidents happen to all of is.
Schleetle
My 9 (almost 10) year old son still wets the bed frequently. As he gets older it gets more frustrating for him. He has always had issues falling asleep so when he is finally able to get to sleep his body just does not want to wake up to use the bathroom. We are fortunate that this past year it has become less prevalent than in the past. He was wetting the bed every night for years, now it seems to happen two to four times a week. At his age, and with bed wetting no longer an every night occurrence we are ready to try something new. Honestly one of the biggest frustrations is that bedwetting smells awful, and it is really inconvenient. He gets annoyed having to change his bedding so often especially when there isn't much time before school in the morning to do it. I don't really enjoy washing his sheets, and blankets every other day either. It gets pricey to run that many extra loads of laundry I have two other children, and a lot of laundry to wash already.
caterpilar
My son is embarrassed by his accidents and he gets frustrated that he can't go to bed without his night time underpants. He wants to be like the other kids his age. It's really tough for him sometimes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babynurse244

My 4 year old son and 5 year old daughter are extremely disappointed with themselves when they wet the bed. They are typically over tired and just don't wake up when they have to go. Then there is a middle of the night crying session and bed change. Not fun for any of us.

Roo1234
he just doesn't understand why he can't be like his older brother and sister who have never struggled with this. He turns 8 this month and although we have never made him feel embarrassed or like he has done something wrong, we also encourage habits that are supposed to help. unfortunately, they just aren't helping and patience is are greatest tool.
Allie_kat1
My daughter gets very frustrated when we have to change her bed during the night and she has to go back to sleep without her my little pony bedding. Other than accidents, we just wash her bedding during the day, and put it right back on!

Its frustrating for me because her and her sister share a room, so if we have to turn on the lights to change her bed, it wakes my 2 yr old as well, who isn't always easy to get back to sleep!
meam4444

I know my daughters (four and five years old) always fear bed-wetting because they almost feel like they failed at something.  They become sad when they have one of their favorite bed sheets on their bed, and we end up having to change it the next night or a few nights later due to bed-wetting.  It is hard because I know it is just a phase, but they are at ages where they want to sleep all night with not having to worry about messing up their precious bed sheets.

MamaBear2cubs

My son Gabriel is 4 and has been potty trained since he turned 2. The thing we have issues with is him not waking up at night to go to the bathroom. Usually it happens when he was super tired and fell asleep before emptying his bladder. Try as we might and we do try hard to avoid accidents still happen. He usually is pretty upset when he wakes up wet and we have to change his bedding and his clothes. We have never placed anything on the bed before so this will be a first and I am very excited to try these bed mats!

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Mar. 13, 2013 at 4:02 PM
Bump!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN