Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Does your child struggle with bed wetting?

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:27 AM
  • 104 Replies
1 mom liked this

As moms, we always want our children to have the best and feel their best so it can be difficult to see them struggle with bed wetting issues.

We gave 40 moms GoodNites Bed Mats to help their children get a better night's rest.

Check out what moms are saying about GoodNites Bed Mats!

We can't wait to hear from you!

** The CafeMom Team

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Featured Replies
meam4444

Easy peasy!  This is how I would describe GoodNites Bed Mats.  I couldn't believe how use friendly these mats were.  Also, I was pleasantly surprised by there being little stickies on the back to ensure the bed mat would stay in place in the bed since kids can be movers.  I thought the mat covered a large portion of the bed also.  The quality is very good, and these mats can absorb quite a bit which is reassuring (no use buying a mat only to have to change the covers too). 

I really love how these mats make my life easier.  They are easy-on and easy-off making for a very convenient bed wetting solution.  My four year old (who has been going through a bed-wetting phase lately) asked if I could also put one on the floor by her bed since there were a few times in the last few weeks where she woke up frm her sleep and tried to make it to the bathroom only to have an accident on the floor.  It was so nice, as a mom, to see her greet this product with a smile. 

babynurse244
I received my GoodNites bedmats this past weekend. I love that they are on the bed and not on the kid. I think Pull Ups just encouraged my kids to go to the bathroom in them because they are so diaper like. I love the peel and stick aspect of these mats. Regular waterproof or absorbent pads just wadded up and ended up everywhere at night, so they weren't much help. These were great. I don't think my kids even knew they were there. Goodnite pads are so easy to use. I don't have to worry about waking my child up to get them on, and the peel and stick placement makes it a breeze to clean up after an accident. No more changing an entire bed in the middle of the night!!! More sleep for this mom of 4!
ilovemyboys84

I got the bedmats  few days ago. They are way bigger than I thought they would be. The peel and stick is very easy and they stick very well without leaving any marks. I love that they are super easy to pull off after each use and they absorb so well unlike towels. they are also very very soft unlike regular bed mats. they are also folded up and easy to conceal for an older child who may wet the bed sometimes...they can just put it right in their sleeping bag with no worries! I prefer these to pull ups at night since pull ups are so much like a diaper that IMO they dont help much when it comes to night training. I love these mats and will be purchasing and recommending them in the future! Thank you CafeMom and GoodNites!

pochaccotx

I just got the bedmats today. Just by looking at them I love they way they have a peel and stick mat that way they stay put unlike using a towel. I like these better then pullups for little ones because they think they are diapers half the time and just go to the restroom in them. I also like these for the older kids who wet the bed on occasion and would be embarrassed to wear the goodnight undies that in my past experience you could tell and hear they were wearing them. I think they will be easier to use and an easier clean up too.

Momoftwinkies
We used the first one last night. My dd said it kept moving on her. She is an active sleeper.
She kicks and wiggles all night.
I thought they were easier to put on. She has a loft bed and it is a pain to change sheets. We are going to try one again tonight.

nig
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
shortyali

My DD is working on using the potty but we just had the stomach bug go thru my house.  I was excited to get these on Tuesday.  I put 2 down on her bed because she had it comming out both ends and it was great.  I am hoping to get back to potty training next week once the bug is fully gone.

Normally I ust either changed sheets or put down towels but these worked better.

Tigress22304

This is my first time using something like this-we're on day 3 of using the bed mats. DD9 really loves these! They're easy to use first of all. I actually slept with DD the first night-it wasn't bulky or irritating.

She actually had an accident this morning before she woke up-it was very easy removing the pad and disposing of it. (usually we use towels and pull ups)

This is by far the best choice for any child with bed wetting problems!

MamaBear2cubs

I just received my package and am very excited to put these to the test tonight when my son goes down for the night.  My son Gabriel is 4 years old and has been potty trained since age 2 however we still have night time accidents on occasion. We are currently only using a towel and that tends to bunch up or slide off as he is a very wild sleeper. I love the size of the mats and the fact that the take up almost his whole toddled bed! So no matter how wild he gets his bed will always be covered and because it has adhesives on the back it actually stays put! I also loved how soft the mats were to the skin and very thick/I also find 9 pads to be a great number these should last us a good while! Thanks again Cafemom and Goodnights!

my4littlegirls
1 mom liked this

Goodnights Bed Mats are good for the occasional bedwetter. This won't work well on the daily bedwetter. So I have been using this of only 1 of my daughters. It is better than a diaper for the occasional bedwetter because I feel these are easier to be reused because it doesn't touch the private areas directly.

sugareemommee
We received ours last week and used them three nights so far. Only one of those nights did we actually need it. It was easy to remove and dispose of. And the mat contained the whole accident :)

The only complaint I have is that my son is quite a nighttime mover and it did manage to move with him one night.

They were much more convenient than doing a separate loaf of laundry. A stomach bug just went through our home and the bed mats had several uses.

Thank you for the opportunity!
Allie_kat1
We got the bedmats on thursday, so have used them 3 nights now. My daughter only had an accident one of the nights. Unfortunately my daughter is in a full sized bed and was only on a corner of the mat for the accident. I think these would work great for a chikd still in a toddler bed, because the mat would cover more of the bed, thus being much more likely to contain an accident. Or perhaps they could come in other sizes for different sized beds? Overall they were easy to put down, stayed in place well, didnt seem to disrupt my daughters sleep, and were easy to remove.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
egyptian_mommy
My son just turned 6 and is such a heavy sleeper that he just doesn't wake up at night to go to the bathroom. We talked to his dr who said bedwetting is normal, and very common, until about age 8. However, my son has grown tired of and frustrated with wearing a pull up at night. Until I heard about the mats, pull ups seemed like our only option because it happens so frequently (nearly every night).

So, we were both very excited to try the mats. The mats are easy to put on the bed and cover a generous area. They're not flimsy either which was a relief. And best of all, my son loves them. He doesn't have to wear an uncomfortable pull up and his sheets are staying dry. The dry sheets are a relief to me because it means a little less laundry. But most importantly, I'm just glad he's comfortable.
SarahSuzyQ
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:27 AM

Whenever bedwetting or nighttime illness becomes an issue in our house, the cleanup is a lot of work! We keep a waterproof mattress cover on my son's bed every night to make cleanup easier, and to minimize damage to the mattress. This works fine for us, but the cleanup can definitely be cumbersome -- stripping the whole bed and doing laundry.

The Goodnites bed mats are sturdy, and they are very easy to use with the stick and peel backing. I tried sticking them to both the sheet and the mattress, and they stayed in place quite well. We didn't have the chance to test the absorbency yet with any overnight accidents, but they seem quite absorbent.

To me, the biggest issue with the bed mats is the size. My son sleeps on a twin-size mattress, and the bed mats only cover 1/3 of the bed. That's fine for a child who stays in one place, but for a kid who sleeps from the top of his bed to the bottom, there's no guarantee that an accident would happen where you had actually placed the bed mat. Because these are too small for twin mattress, they would not replace the mattress cover as a long-term solution for us.

But they would be good for being on the go, like when staying with grandparents or at summer camp. I appreciate the convenience for the sake of cleanup, and the fact that they are disposable but not bulky. When he's not sleeping in his own bed, these would be a much better solution than something like towels or extra sheets.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN