Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you go camping?

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:54 PM
  • 51 Replies
1 mom liked this

I'm getting all my camping plans made for this summer.  I like to go 'cushy' camping.  There has to be a flush toilet and hopefully a shower on site.  When I was young we used to go backwoods camping where you had to dig your own hole and pack everything in...I'm definitely not that sort of person with my kids.  Maybe when they get older...lol  Probably not.  Do you like to camp?  What kind of camping do you do?  We like the coast and the mountains pretty much equally.

by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
e-doolittle
by Kelly on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Indoor camping
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GagaNTattooS
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Never...camping is a holiday inn.
mariesmama
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 12:00 AM
1 mom liked this
no more camping had my fill with the carnival we tent camped i hate coyotes
beriahmary
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 1:23 AM
1 mom liked this

WE Love to camp. I have been camping since I was a kid. Now I love charing that experince with my son. We live in Nebraska so alot a plains camping usually next to a river or lake. I have never been to the coast but I will some day. I would love it to have an R.V. and just drive acrooss america and visit all the awesome places we have here.

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Mar. 2, 2013 at 1:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Yep we do backwoods camping but we also use it as a place to stay when we go anywhere.

TroyboysMom
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 2:39 AM
3 moms liked this

-laughs- Sure I camp. Well, if you call renting a cabin that supplies beds, showers, flush toilets and has a diner down the hill "camping." That's about as close as I get.

mrsary
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 2:41 AM
1 mom liked this
We haven't started yet, but I want to!
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:12 AM
1 mom liked this

I love camping. We go to state parks~ cheaper to stay, the ones we go to have toilets and bath houses :)

JeremysMom
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting mumsy2three:

I love camping. We go to state parks~ cheaper to stay, the ones we go to have toilets and bath houses :)

This. However, I would like to experience backpacking/primitive camping. My husband is suppose to take me sometime soon.

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:47 AM
1 mom liked this
I have not dug my own hole, but I like the roughing it kind of camping. I do prefer a modern shower though. Especially after our last trip....
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)