Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Hi! Nice to meet you! *waves*

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 12:35 AM
  • 8 Replies

Hi,

Im Nichole a mom of 1. I have a little girl and she is 2 (3 in June) I am married and looking for some friends that have children my age. I had friends until I had a child. But they do not have children and have somewhat distanced themselves.

I am married to my wonderful husband who is currently a nursing student, so he has no free time (he is in his last year or a BSN program, so its pretty time consuming).

I work part time outside of the home, so I have some adult contact, but its just not enough. Im feeling pretty isolated and lonely these days. Im finding my best friend lately is my daughter. We do everything together. I dont know if thats good or bad. Lol! I try to get out of the house but itsmostly by myself or with the munchkin. I have even started seeing movies by myself because I dont have anyone to do anything with.

So, thats whats brought me here today. Thanks for reading! : )

by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 12:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
SallyB_LMT
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 12:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi Nichole,

I am Sally, mom of 4.  I have 3 boys and a girl.  I am married and I have found some really great friends on here.  Some who I have met in person and some who I have never met, but I have talked to online for close to 6 years.  I spend a lot of time with my kids too and I understand the isolation that you're feeling.  Have you checked out any play groups or other mommy groups in your area?

Nice to meet you and hope to see you around.  :)

youRmysusnshine
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 12:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi Sally!

I did find a group in my area that I just requested to join. So, looking forward to hearing back on that!

diaperstodating
by Angel on Mar. 2, 2013 at 12:55 AM

Hello Nichole, welcome to the group!

Mommy2AmaznKids
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 12:56 AM

Hi Nichole welcome to the group

SallyB_LMT
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 1:15 AM

Are you in the states?  I am in Oregon.

Quoting youRmysusnshine:

Hi Sally!

I did find a group in my area that I just requested to join. So, looking forward to hearing back on that!

youRmysusnshine
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 1:16 AM

I am. I am in California in the San Francisco area.

lovemybabies31
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 1:46 AM
Hi I'm Sam, I'm also new but live in England so no way near close sorry. But welcome to the group :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:15 AM

Hello and welcome!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)