Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:32 PM
  • 41 Replies
had to wear braces on your teeth? Whether it was when you were growing up or as an adult? How long did you have to wear them for? And in the end, was it worth the pain?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:34 PM
I had braces from the time I was 12 to the time I was 15. So sixth grade to ninth grade. And I honestly could benefit from having them put on again because my bottom teeth are all crowded together.
MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 1:06 AM

yes--about 3 years--straight but one a little crooked on the bottom because I kept losing my bottom retainer or the dog kept eating it

TroyboysMom
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 1:42 AM

No, I never have. I changed dentists as a child, and he actually thought I'd already had them.

SallyB_LMT
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 1:45 AM

I had them for 6 years, from 8th grade until I was a freshman in college.  I hated them.  I don't know if it was worth it, I mean I had a really bad bite apparently...so I guess?  But they sucked and I am really glad I don't have them now.

TammyMom2four
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 1:48 AM

No. But I wish I did have braces. I do not like my teeth.

hollydaze1974
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 2:27 AM
I did in high school. Mom had them as an adult. I had them for almost four years , mom about the say, and yes , it worth the tightening pain. The only thing I hated was the headgear, but I believe they are much more advanced now and may have done away with that part.
THE RETAINER IS HIGHLY IMPORTANT during the first two years to four after the braces come off, otherwise it was all for naught.
BelleVernonGirl
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 2:54 AM

Look at this smile and ask my daughter if it was worth it?  LOL  YES For sure it was...she had them exactly 2 years...just got them off in Jan

loveTHEviking
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:21 AM

No, never had to wear braces but I knew plenty of people that did when I was younger.

Livv066
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:32 AM
No, I never needed them. When we were younger, mybrother needed a retainer. His teeth look much better.
smushy79
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:38 AM

No, I was very blessed to have straight teeth.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)