Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

College graduate moms

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:41 PM
  • 15 Replies
What is your degree(s) in? And are you actively using that/those degree(s) or are you doing something totally different if you're a outside the home working mom/work from home mom? And SAHM's, more power to you because that is a job in itself! :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SallyB_LMT
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:45 PM

I have a degree from a massage school, I also have several years of my undergrad, but no regular degree to show for it.  I use my massage license for my small business in addition to being a SAHM.  :)

jlm2676
by Jen on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:51 PM
I don't have a degree from an actual college. I have them from a technical school.

The first one is an Associates in Specialized Business - business administration. No I don't use this degree anymore

The second one is an Associates in Specialized Business - culinary arts. Don't really use this one either

Then I just received a diploma in Pastry Arts.

I work as a pastry chef in a bakery.
illinoismommy83
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:54 PM

I went to dog grooming school at 20, haha. Went to the 3rd best grooming school in the country for it and $6000 later... I... don't groom dogs.

I'm almost done with my business degree, and I do plan to actively use it after graduation. I figure with a bachelors in business I should be able to find some nice desk job. I'm just a SAHM now.

MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 1:01 AM

Criminal Justice--worked as a private investigator and currently work at a police department, so yep.

grneyedormom
by Kendra on Mar. 4, 2013 at 1:32 AM
1 mom liked this
I have 2 degree's in Human Services and work for CPS, so yep, I use them!
TroyboysMom
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 1:44 AM
2 moms liked this

I have two B.S. degrees, and two B.A. degrees, and one M.A. degree. Yes, I use them. I'm a teacher.

aj23
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 1:57 AM

My first degree was in Chemical Engineering but where I live it's pretty much useless.  I went back to school and got my B.S. in Accounting and I use it during tax season and part time the rest of the year but my main income has nothing to do with either one.

MommyAddie
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:06 AM
My degree is in judicial court reporting. I'm back in school to add credentials to my degree. I don't currently work, although I freelance so I can pick something up at any time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:19 AM
1 mom liked this

I have an AS in occupational therapy. I don't work as a COTA/L. I'm a teachers assistant in special ed.

I am currently researching online colleges to get a bachelors, not sure what I want to major in but at this point I am currently looking into library and media sciences.

loveTHEviking
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:31 AM

I went to a tech school so I guess it wasnt really considered college but I got a diploma in medical billing & coding. I'm a SAHM as of right now though :).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)