Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Do you wear shapewear? What type and which brand is best?

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:00 AM
  • 10 Replies

Before my pregnancy I was a petite size and had a flat stomach. During the pregnancy I gained 34 lbs. I don't mind the weight gain, but the area that bothers me is my stomach, so I'm looking for some good shapewear to give me the look of a nice waist and not worry about muffin top.

by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Firewoman33
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:39 AM

I have Spanx. I've used the same piece for about 5 years and it is still like new. I'm not wearing it everyday or anything but I'd say it has held up well. 

Smooths great without creating issues. I've tried stuff on before that will smooth out 1 area and creat weird lumos and bumps wherever the shapewear ends. 

jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:54 AM

I had a wedding that I was a bridesmaid in 4 months PP, I got a power slip from VS. It was great! I even felt sexy just wearing the slip itself! And it held my belly nice and tight! DH said I looked like Madonna from one of her old videos when I had my hair in curlers and wearing the slip haha!

wifeynmommie80
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:28 AM

I have tried various brands, they seem almost the same, I don't like the tops, becuase they inch up on you and the bottoms tend to fall down. I ussually just use an all over shaper, fist like a bathing suit, I dont use the one for thighs , thats not a problem area for me,  if I am wearing something mroe fitting so I don't get a muffin top, plus it makes ur tummy super flat, which is pretty appealing. One thing however, is all overs can be hot. So if you plan on it being a hot day, I wouldn't recommend it.

gabyraq
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 3:18 PM
I got some at target, they were around $30, I think it's by the same maker as spanx but the cheaper brand. I always wear it under dresses and snug tops just to smooth and tighten!!
MsCryStyle
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 3:19 PM
Spanx are awesome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sheri305
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 6:54 PM

Nope

.Peaches.
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:45 PM

I wear Spanx most of the time. I have some shapewear that I've order off of hourglassangel.com that is great, and I have one custom made corset that I paid a pretty penny for.

jillian_G1
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 6:43 AM

I have not found any that are comfortable to wear

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:00 AM

Quoting sheri305:

Nope

ronvot
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:57 PM
I use a squeem.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)