Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Yelling?????

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:09 AM
  • 15 Replies

which one do you agree

"it's our job to teach them, and how else can we get them to listen? It’s not like yelling hurts them; they barely listen, they roll their eyes. Of course they know we love them, even if we yell. Right?"

OR

"Yelling scares kids. It makes them harden their hearts to us. And when we yell, kids go into fight, flight or freeze, so they stop learning whatever we're trying to teach. What's more, when we yell, it trains kids not to listen to us until we raise our voice".

reading 10 Steps to Stop Yelling by Dr. Markham (http://www.ahaparenting.com/_blog/Parenting_Blog/post/How_To__stop_yelling_at_kids/) and want to see how you practical mommies react in a difficul situation.

by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Mar. 5, 2013 at 6:28 PM

I agree more with the second.

PerfectVirgo
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 6:30 PM
1 mom liked this

i don't yell unless someone's walking in front of a car or something. But we're a quiet household. If I even talk loudly, like you would in a grocery store (just above my normal tone) my kids pay extra attention. I punish by taking away something they love, not by screaming at them. It works amazingly well.

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:51 PM
1 mom liked this

*Shrugs*. I yell and spank when needed. 

Pukalani79
by Kris on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:22 PM

I got into a bad habit of yelling and I hate it.  I've been making a very conscientious effort not to yell and our home is much more peaceful

LuckyMom822
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:24 PM

The second one

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:45 PM
I try to stick to the 2nd belief.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Closer to the second.
e-doolittle
by Kelly on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:03 PM
Quoting LivinDeadGurl:

I agree more with the second.

Luv.My.Kidz
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:05 PM

I'm a yeller... there is no stopping me from yelling! I'm a naturally loud person!

hollydaze1974
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:24 PM
I believe that at times a patrent MUST be aggressive to make it clear they are serious. However, yelling or corporal punishment should be used sparingly or it becomes less effective . God, though, the under parenting drives me crazy. " Don't do this, don't to that, that's horrible. Just listen to supernanny, her way works with all personalities of children and every family dynamic."
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN