Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is being single without regrets normal ?

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:56 AM
  • 7 Replies

Divorced, one child, good career, house almost paid off is how I would describe myself.

I have tried the online dating and dated couple people but I end up being frustrated and unhappy because I might get the "emotional" part of relationship, but than I find myself in situations where partner either has many kids that he has to support, does not want to move, is not financially stabile.... and I end up stressing over things lot more than if I was single. I guess I just want a relationship that is going to better me altogether instead of adding additional stress to my life. I take two trips every year with my son, one to Colorado skiing and other to Florida during summer. None of the partners I dated was able to do that. I don't mind sharing finances, but really I don't want to worsen my situation. As far as my experience goes, my partners have had kids and responsibilities, which I understnad, but I really don't want to give up what I have now just to be in a relationship.

I have been single now for a year and people question me why. Honestly I am not unhappy. I do miss hugging on someone at night but I am really strugelling to give up the comfort zone that I have being single for hugs at night but additional stress in my life... But is my behavior normal?

by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mysweet1s
by Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Sounds "normal" to me.  It sounds like you've made a comfortable, nice, drama free life for yourself.  I think different people need different levels of companionship, romance, etc.  If anything ever happened to my DH, I don't think I would be interested in dating or marrying either.  I'm an independent girl, and I like being alone or with my kiddos. 

Briesmom38
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:09 PM
1 mom liked this

It sounds absolutely normal to me.  After my divorce, I was single for awhile and I was fine with it.  I actually met my SO when I really wasn't looking for anything serious,lol  I didn't settle just so I could have someone in my life.  So I definitely know where you are coming from.  

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I puposely won't date someone that has kids. Or at least young kids. I have had enough drama with just my ex and custody issues. I would not want someone elses too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
graycalico
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:12 PM
I was happily single through most of my twenties. I love my so and wouldn't toss him to the curb, but I think it's healthy to be content and secure with just yourself.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LuckyMom822
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Yes you are normal. I have been divorced for eight years. I don't want to ever marry again. I just don't see why I should. I have a bf currently and I have dated plenty in the past. But that is all I am looking for. 

SarahSuzyQ
by Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:18 PM
It sounds like you're in a great, very healthy place.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
emarin77
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Choosing to be single is fine.  Relationships and marriege take team work.  Maybe when you and your child get older you will feel comfortable dating again.  You do what is right for you now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)