Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

TSA to allow small knives on planes

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:39 AM
  • 13 Replies

TSA, dropping their guards a little? Why should they allow small knives & other items such as golf clubs, billard cues and hockey sticks on the plane? How do you feel about the new "relaxed" rules that will take affect April 25th? Or does it even mean anything to you?

by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
storkradio193
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:55 PM

I haven't read anything else about this, but it does not concern me so much.  A pencil or pen can be used to harm people.  It is more about stopping the people than some more minor objects. 

kitty8199
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:56 PM
Haven't heard that
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LuckyMom822
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:01 PM

I heard about it and it doesn't bother me at all. They need to lighten up a little bit.

grneyedormom
by Kendra on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:02 PM
It doesn't bother me at all, a little lightening up would be more beneficial and possibly bring back more air travel.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CotterpinDoozer
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:24 PM

I haven't heard about that, I'd be really happy if they'd let me bring a whole bottle of shampoo though.

grneyedormom
by Kendra on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:29 PM
You can in your checked luggage just not in a carry on. Which is annoying as all get out I'm my opinion too! Change that part too!

Quoting CotterpinDoozer:

I haven't heard about that, I'd be really happy if they'd let me bring a whole bottle of shampoo though.

motherslove82
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:31 PM
I fly a lot. I've heard about this, but I still don't know how I feel about it.
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:40 PM
1 mom liked this
So they take my aerosol root boost spray, but I could bring on a box cutter like the 9/11 hijackers did. THAT makes sense.
LuckyMom822
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 6:21 PM

I would LOVE to carry my cigarette lighter again. It sucks when you get to your destination and you can't find anyone selling lighters.

Quoting CotterpinDoozer:

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:15 PM

I disagree with it, only because they're not lightening up on other items that would have less chance of impending harm on someone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN