Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

What to wear while you're in labor...

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:48 PM
  • 20 Replies

I was wondering what women usually wear during labor. Can I bring my own gown or sports bra even?! confused

by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
my4boys2002
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I always brought all my own stuff.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elzmnsf
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Sure but labor is a messy messy business. I went with the gown an then changed into my own stuff after all that business is done.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sallij
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I wore a sportsbra and gown during labor, then changed into my own stuff after we got settled into our room after birth.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
liss05
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:21 PM

This.

Quoting elzmnsf:

Sure but labor is a messy messy business. I went with the gown an then changed into my own stuff after all that business is done.

WesternNYmom
by Alaina on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I wore a hospital gown during both my labor and deliveries.  After the delivery, I showered and changed into one of the nightgowns I brought. The hospital wasn't really warm so I wore a pair of pj pants under my night gown to keep my legs warm. I also packed a robe and a pair of slippers to keep me warm when I was walking the halls.

ajcampbell
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:03 PM

I wore the hospital gown and changed after the baby was born.  The hospital would not let me keep on my bra - something about if they had to cut it off for some reason.

2curly
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:31 PM

This

Quoting elzmnsf:

LuckyMom822
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:39 PM
1 mom liked this

They kept making me get on all fours so the gown I wore ended up on the floor. I was naked as a jay bird other than the sheet my husband and coach kept putting over me. I had back labor and a semi rough delivery so that gown was the least of my worries.

debmom07
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I was as naked as my daughter when she was born I was so hot that I did not care. The other two o wore what the hospital gives you
Its very messy
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:46 AM

I wore the hospital gown and a bra.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)