Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tooth fairy

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 1:17 AM
  • 29 Replies

Curious: what does your tooth fairy pay?  What do you do with the teeth after you collect them?  Do you have a special place your child puts the tooth to be collected?

I give my child a small toy of some kind and 5 .cents or a dollar in quarters depending on the tooth and toy given.  I have ds put his in a little treasure chest that I give my students when they lose theirs at school.  I had a little pillow to put it in when I was a kid and think I'm going to look for one for him since we just got him a loft bed and it's hard to work around.  So far, I've kept all his teeth in a drawer in my room, but I need some more insight into what other moms do for these things.  I want to make sure I'm doing it right.  Thanks!

by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 1:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
elzmnsf
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:43 AM
1 mom liked this
I give a dollar, but more for the first tooth..: the teeth are in my jewelry box. My dd11 has a pillow and dd7 has a cute satin envelope that came with this tooth fairy book. Those go outside their door, I never wanted to try and get under their pillow!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
L.a.u.r.a.
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 7:23 AM
1 mom liked this
$1.00 a tooth. They just stick it under their pillow. I toss the teeth I collect.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
annelauer
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 7:30 AM
1 mom liked this
$5 per tooth. I throw them away. She has a tooth fairy pillow with a pocket in it.
starlight91
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 7:55 AM
2 moms liked this

My girls got $1 per tooth ( this was yrs ago), I used to keep the teeth, then they found them by accident , thats when they learned no tooth fairy. Then they would loose a tooth and I just handed them their $1.lol

AuntieMom101
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Well as far as how much money the tooth fairy leaves.... Depends on if tooth fairy and her assistant are communicating correctly :) my 8 yr old accidentally got paid $10 because the assistant didn't listen. Needless to say he has been relieved of his duties! So now it is $5 for the 1st tooth and $2 after that. The kids leave the tooth under the pillow. I have very hard sleepers :)
ScrChk23
by Amanda on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:25 AM
1 mom liked this

We gave my SS a $5 for his first tooth and we want to do $2 for the other teeth.  He is the only one who has lost one so far.  He actually swallowed it.  Then he started freaking out and crying.  It was a little funny.

kryjen
by Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:28 AM

The assistant probably did it on purpose. Lol!

Quoting AuntieMom101:

Well as far as how much money the tooth fairy leaves.... Depends on if tooth fairy and her assistant are communicating correctly :) my 8 yr old accidentally got paid $10 because the assistant didn't listen. Needless to say he has been relieved of his duties! So now it is $5 for the 1st tooth and $2 after that. The kids leave the tooth under the pillow. I have very hard sleepers :)

kryjen
by Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Poor guy! I had a student do that once.  He made me google to make sure it wouldn't hurt him. :)

Quoting ScrChk23:

We gave my SS a $5 for his first tooth and we want to do $2 for the other teeth.  He is the only one who has lost one so far.  He actually swallowed it.  Then he started freaking out and crying.  It was a little funny.

Briesmom38
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this

For my dd's first tooth she received $20, but that's only because she was a little over 2 and it had to be pulled...  (Long Story).  Anyway, she now receives anywhere between $3 - $5.  It kinda depends on what cash the tooth fairy has on hand,lol  Luckily she's a heavy sleeper so she just leaves the tooth under her pillow.  I don't keep them, and since she's 11, she doesn't have very many teeth left, so the tooth fairy should be leaving my house soon! lol

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

LuckyMom822
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:17 AM

I did the same thing. (DD is now 14 so the tooth fairy doesn't come around anymore.) I put them all in my jewelry box. Those and other small memorabilia. Then my house was robbed and they took my entire jewelry box. I lost all of my baby's momentos and other keepsakes that I had from my childhood. I will never own another jewelry box.

Quoting elzmnsf:

I give a dollar, but more for the first tooth..: the teeth are in my jewelry box. My dd11 has a pillow and dd7 has a cute satin envelope that came with this tooth fairy book. Those go outside their door, I never wanted to try and get under their pillow!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)