Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Random ?

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:11 PM
  • 25 Replies

How far in advance do you plan your dinner menu?

A At least a week
B) A few days in advance
C) Today's the day!

by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
clarabear
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:13 PM

Usually the night before so I can take it out of the freezer but there have been times that I decided the morning of.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:13 PM

I'm going to say B.

I meal plan when I make my grocery list. I shop for 2 weeks worth of meals at a time. I keep a list on the fridge of what I have available and chose from the list throughout the week depending on what I feel like making and how much time I have that day/evening.

ChancesMommy07
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:16 PM
1 mom liked this

A week. I sit down on Sunday night and plan all the way through to the next Sunday and put it onthe dry erase board in the kitchen,. That way I don't have to hear "What are we having for dinner" 30 times a day. All they have to do is look at the board :-)

MarylandMom123
by Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:24 PM

We strive for A, but we can be flexible if something comes up and the menu gets changed around. I also keep everything written on a whiteboard in the kitchen. It holds us accountable for eating healthy dinners, saves us money from not going out to eat, and makes sure we use all the fresh ingredients we buy!

LuckyMom822
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I guess you could say when I go to the grocery store but I don't know hat I am going to cook that particular day until it's time to cook.

MJP76
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:31 PM

A

2curly
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:33 PM

A, we usually make up the menu for the week each Sunday when I go grocery shopping.  

SarahSuzyQ
by Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:42 PM

I plan a week's worth of meals at a time, but I don't assign specific meals to specific days. This morning, I got up, looked at my meal list for the week, and chose something from the list that sounded good.

Firewoman33
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:28 PM
Sometimes for the week.Usually today's the day.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CotterpinDoozer
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:36 PM

I normally get the ingredients for what I'd like to make for the week, but each night doesn't have a specific meal yet. I usually decide the night before.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)