• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SLEEP

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:44 AM
  • 8 Replies

what was the sleep technique used to make your baby sleep through night? What age did you start with?

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
becky.riley
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:48 AM

I didn't. I thought Cry it out was cruel and I figured that they'd learn to sleep through the night on their own and eventually they did.

USD2012
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Tx for your reply. At what age did they start to sleep through night? Mine is 9 months and he wants boobs to sleep and wakes up in every two hours for a little shot (doent last more than 2 minutes) I dont want the Cry it out, but concern about his sleep needs.

Quoting becky.riley:

I didn't. I thought Cry it out was cruel and I figured that they'd learn to sleep through the night on their own and eventually they did.

becky.riley
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:15 AM

It was probably around nine or ten months. I noticed that they were waking up and using breastfeeding as a way to go back to sleep, not because they were hungry. I started having my husband get up with them instead of me. That helped and after a week or two they slept much better. They would still occasionally wake up during the night, but it was much easier to get them to go back to sleep.

Quoting USD2012:

Tx for your reply. At what age did they start to sleep through night? Mine is 9 months and he wants boobs to sleep and wakes up in every two hours for a little shot (doent last more than 2 minutes) I dont want the Cry it out, but concern about his sleep needs.

Quoting becky.riley:

Raeann11
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:00 AM

I just followed there lead. They started to sleep through the night when they were all ready. Which for all was different. My first was 6 weeks, second was 2 years old, and third was 16 months old.

LuckyMom822
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:03 AM
2 moms liked this

My baby slept with me so I didn't have any problems with it. She woke up, nursed while we were laying down, and we fell back asleep. I don't remember how old she was when she slept thru the night but I do remember freaking out about it. Some moms may not approve of that method but dd is 14 and we still have a very close bond.

jackiewal10
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this

There is no technique.  Sleeping through the night is a developmental milestone that every baby hits at a different age.  Sleeping through the night is 5 straight hours.  Any more than that is a blessing. 

occumommy
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:12 AM
My son is 13 months he still wakes up once a night. I dont nurse, he`s been a bottle baby, now when he wakes up he wants a bottle, but i justlay him back down and comfort him, he`s sleeping more and more, My older 2 just starting doing it on their own earlier than my youngest, but don`t fret it will happen.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:48 PM

I have a 6 month old that just started sleeping through the night. I have her crib side carred to my bed so I can get to her easier to nurse. I use a pacifier to help her sleep too. I'm not into the sleep training & cry it out type stuff. She also dosnt get any baby food or cerial yet. I think sleep is an individual baby thing, some sleep really well & some don't. I also think that since I'm breastfeeding I should make my life as easy as possible since no one else can feed her but me & I dont get a break so that is why I co-sleep.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)