Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I always over do it.. *UPDATED*(at bottom of my original post)

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:13 PM
  • 53 Replies

I just can't help myself. Anytime we are going to have people over I go nuts, it's a perfectionist thing and an OCD thing, I guess. Tomorrow night we are having poker at our house, all our friends come over and bringing their kids. I clean my house till I drive myself crazy. I can't stand anything outta place. And food, I always think there is one more thing I need to make , need it to be perfect . Now I know our friends don't really care, I am sure they would be thrilled with a bag of chips and dip. I am making 8 different things for tomorrow, prepping today, It started as 5 things, stuffed mushrooms, stuffed jalapenos wrapped in bacon, little sausages in the crock pot with pineapple, chili sauce and brown sugar ( promise sounds eww buts tastes amazing) Ham wraps, BLT deviled eggs, pigs in a blanket and chicken quesadillas.

Do you do the same thing when you get company, or do you just leave everything as is and buy a cheese tray at the store ? Am I the only one  whos this nuts when company is coming? LOL! Or is this normal,,, my husband finds it amusing, he tells me I do to much and I need to relax

**Ladies I just want to say that I have learned I am not alone! Which makes me feel better, Those that said hope we have a good time, we sure did. By the time the night was over I was so tired I couldn't bring myself to clean the kitchen. We had a couple guests stay over night , they had a few drinks and didn't want to drive. When I woke up in the am, they were still with us but they had cleaned my kitchen for me, loaded my dishwasher, put away their blankets and pillows. Now that was some kick ass guests, JS! LOL! Everyone enjoyed the food!

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Briesmom38
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:19 PM

You sound like me!!!  LOL  I know exactly where you are coming from.  I always over do it, and I make sure everything is clean and in it's place.  I also start planning for a party way in advance, I make a list and check things off as I get them,lol  My SO thinks I'm nuts but he wouldn't have it any other way,lol

If you'd like another hit, try making buffalo chicken dip it always goes! :)

Have fun!  

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

alimorgan
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:21 PM

LMAO! too funny i have the stuff to make that. Now I'm going to sit and think if I should or shouldn't? LOL!

Thanks!

Quoting Briesmom38:

You sound like me!!!  LOL  I know exactly where you are coming from.  I always over do it, and I make sure everything is clean and in it's place.  I also start planning for a party way in advance, I make a list and check things off as I get them,lol  My SO thinks I'm nuts but he wouldn't have it any other way,lol

If you'd like another hit, try making buffalo chicken dip it always goes! :)

Have fun!  

Briesmom38
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:23 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL... I'm sorry!  

I've also been known to add to my menu the day of a party so untop of getting things ready I end up having to go to a store too,lol  Yup, I'm a little off!!! lol

alimorgan
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:28 PM

I realized after unpacking the groceries i bought this morning I will have to go back I forgot the tortillas for the quesadillas and I need ketchup and ranch dressing, OH shoot!  i just remembered sour cream...! I might have Dh go when he gets home

Briesmom38
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:31 PM

That stinks...  I hate when I do that,lol  At least you'll let your DH go, I'm too crazy when it comes to party planning, I'm afraid that my SO will get the wrong thing, that I just do it myself,lol

alimorgan
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:36 PM

if it was anything other then these few things I would do it myself, he offers to grocery shop for me all the time, I just can't bring myself to let him, I am am to picky about prices and were I buy what, he stopped going with me because I shop at 3 different stores LOL!

alimorgan
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:36 PM

BUMP!

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I over do it too. Not sure why, must be a female thing, lol. My husband is always like~ they're our friends and/or family, relax. I'm always like I can't.

Hope y'all have a great time :)

AuntieMom101
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:12 PM
I am somewhere in between :) but your stuff sounds amazing so can you tell me what time I need to be there????? LOL!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
alimorgan
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:50 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL!! thank you ! If i remember before everyone shows I will take a pic! Oh and 7pm byob!  :)

Quoting AuntieMom101:

I am somewhere in between :) but your stuff sounds amazing so can you tell me what time I need to be there????? LOL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)