Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Do you feel it is easier to Have children in 30s then 20s

Posted by   + Show Post
I was wondering how many mothers think that its easier when they have there kids in there 30s rather then in there 20s? I am soon to be 31 and about to have a little girl. I noticed my last preg I was 28 and my body took it way harder then when I had my first son at 22 and now at 30 my body is always tired and I feel drained like this one is just taking everything out of me. I was wondering if any other moms found it harder to be prego in there 30s
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:57 PM
Replies (11-20):
1sttimemama0531
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 2:18 PM
I just had my 1st at 32 and pregnancy was extremely hard in my body. I've never been so uncomfortable in my life! Most of my friends had kids in there 20s and they had no idea what I was talking about when I described the aches and pains that I experienced!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Mar. 10, 2013 at 2:55 PM

All three of mine were pretty easy, I was 21, 29 and 32. The only thing I really did differently was stay with in my suggested weight gain when I was older, unlike when I was 21. With my third I had lots of braxton hick contractions throughout the pregnancy but none with my first two.

hollydaze1974
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 2:58 PM
Nope. Both pregnancies were insanely hard, but I managed to concieve so that both third trimesters were in the hottest months which made it more unpleasant.
One at 24 one at 36. All pregnancies are different, I had different issues with both, but I did not find pregnant easier in my 20's..

I can't answer about delivery, as my first was vaginal and my second was breech requiring a C section.

Congrats ! Feel better, and good luck!
AMDS0304
by Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 2:59 PM

I was 23 with my 1st and 24 with my twins. I'm about to be 33 and can't see having a baby now. I have a sleep disorder and am always tired as it is I never get that restful sleep. I don't function very well on no sleep. 

SunnyDayz-Ahead
by Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 4:46 PM
I had my first when I was 20, birth was in March and I wore a size 3 a few months before December. I felt healthy, never tired even though I worked and was in college, I felt like the world was my oyster. 2nd baby came at 25, I was tired felt weak and never lost all the weight. :( I couldn't imagine (for me) having a baby now that I'm 32. I have a few friends who waited until 30, 31 and 34 to have their first and they are tired all the time, they had hard times trying to adjust to not being "free" anymore and said they wished they had started in their early twenties. I also have a friend who had her first as a young teen and she said it was harder for her financially but was glad it happened that early than when she hit 30 and she said she couldn't have dealt with it. While I'm sure it's different for everyone no matter the age, these are my stories.
mcginnisc
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 7:51 PM

Well, it took me 7 years to get pregnant the first time and was 28 when it finally happened. I did not have a terrible pregnancy, but Kahlan was stillborn at 36 weeks. 

Our middle dd was adopted 4 years later, 22 days before my 32nd birthday. I was very sleep deprived, but part of it was due to being in China for 3 weeks, and having a 17 month old child that did not know English, could not sit up, could not crawl, and did not walk until a few days before we left China. I found out 8 months after coming home from China that I was pregnant with #3. That time was horrible. I was on complete bed rest from 6 weeks until 34 weeks and was trying to bond with a toddler that had been home for less than a year. It was very rough. It was worse when Karli was born as she was in NICU for 3 weeks, and then on an apnea monitor for 6 months. Once those first 6 months were over, life got much easier. 

Now that they are 7 and 4, life is much busier, but also easier in most respects. I have a system and keeping to it helps immensely. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

mrsary
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 7:54 PM
I don't plan on finding out. Had my youngest at 26 & am done!
AuntieMom101
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:02 PM
I had DS1 at 21, Dd1 at 22, Ds2 at 28 and dd2 at 33. I had difficult pregnancies no matter which age and DD1 and Ds2 had several health problems. But with my last one I had morning sickness for the first time and gestational diabetes, major insomnia. So personally yes the earlier pregnancies were easier IMO :)
Swittig
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:24 PM

I know that soon I will be suffering lol since I am due at the end of July lol I am glad to see everyones post.  I know that each one is different its just interesting to see what other women are going through in different age groups.. I know this will most def be my last one I dont see myself being able to have another one in my 30s

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:29 PM

I've heard that it is but I'll never know. I had a hysterectomy at 29. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)