Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Do you feel it is easier to Have children in 30s then 20s

Posted by   + Show Post
I was wondering how many mothers think that its easier when they have there kids in there 30s rather then in there 20s? I am soon to be 31 and about to have a little girl. I noticed my last preg I was 28 and my body took it way harder then when I had my first son at 22 and now at 30 my body is always tired and I feel drained like this one is just taking everything out of me. I was wondering if any other moms found it harder to be prego in there 30s
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:57 PM
Replies (21-30):
jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:15 PM

I can't say for sure because I did not have babies in my 20s. But I did very well physically in my 30s, so I guess I would have done even better physically in my 20s. But I also had the babies in my early 30s.

The problem with me having kids in my 20s is that I was way too into me, and I had a lot of growing up to get out of me. I would have been emotionally unready, unstable and maybe a little bitter if I had my kids in my 20s.

2curly
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:20 PM
I had both my kids in my thirties so I have nothing to compare it too. Both pregnancies were fine for me. My body probably didn't bounce back as quickly like if I was in my 20s.
BuckeyezRule
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:10 AM

Also, for us, anyways, a lot better financially prepared. We married at 23, and traveled until I got preggo at newly 28. I turned 29 when our 1st, ds, was just over 2 mos. I never dreamed I'd have another and we'd be finished with kids by 30, which we, more me, wanted. I had a dd when ds was 12 1/2 mos old. I turned 30 2 mos later. I sometimes wish I were younger, but, honestly, we do 10 mile hikes regularly as a family. Kids are 8 1/2 and 9 1/2 now. His friends and her friends are blurred. Lol I play like a kid. Lol just me. :)

Quoting yroder2003:

that's what i've heard from many mom's in there 30's is that they were mentally ready by that time vs 20's

Quoting e-doolittle:

Physically it's hard. But I was more mentally prepared

maybe80
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:17 AM
Ugh I'm 31 and this pregnancy is so bad! Bad bad. I've got hypermesis gravidarum and I am dying! I was 22 when I had ds... easy as pie!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
arwalters
by Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:45 AM
I had my 1st at 18 & it was a breeze. had my son at 28 & am still dealing with the trauma to my body from giving birth. although the pregnancy itself was pretty great except the beginning, it was the birth that messed me up. We wanted to try for another but my drs say no so that's it i guess
michellemomx3
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:03 PM
1 mom liked this

It's not always about the age and more about the physical shape you are in.  Obviously you can be in your 30's and never had a child and still have this amazing routine of physical fitness, eating healthy, and only stressing over taking care of yourself which isn't all that stressful.  I had my babies at 27, 29, and just this past October we had out last at 34.  It got harder each time and bouncing back seems like a thing of the past.  My whole body seemed to pay the tole this past pregnancy, everything from mood swings to the numerous hours of sleep I needed just to do the bare minimum.  After my lo was born it got easier, but took months instead of the usual week to "bounce back."   It is amazing how much I do to lose the weight and how slow it is coming off.  It sounds crazy, but I wouldn't have it any other way!  It may have been a lot harder to have her at 34, but my husband and I have more time and more money coming in to avoid the stresses of raising a baby (which the the biggest stressors with our first 2 when we were first starting out).  All-in-all you may not be able to buy youth, but a treadclimber will run you about 2000 at 0% interest and there is NO pain involved.  Tee hee! 

indymom72
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:05 PM

I have my first at 27 and my last at 37.  For me it was easier.  I am in better shape now than I was in my 20's.

Talienas
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 2:02 PM
19 with DD1, and physically easy but preeclampsia so hard delivery (natural). I was 28 with DD2 and a little harder but worse preeclampsia but generally easy delivery because I knew what to expect. DS however I was 33, and hardest pregnancy ever! No preeclampsia thankfully but severe PSD -pubic symphysis disfunction, made it ridiculously hard to walk, roll over, sit, get up, everything. My body hurt all the time! I recommend mid to late 20s, but # of pregnancies may factor into difficulty as well.
Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 3:09 PM

I wouldn't even think of getting pregnant now at 37 ... I had way more energy in my 20s, I had my daughter when I had just turned 28, I was more playful, patient etc than I am today, never mind starting all over again with a newborn ... no way

Knightquester
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 3:21 PM

I noticed that I felt more drained after my third child, but it wasn't my third child since she was an easy baby.  I have noticed most of the people I know who've had 3+ children seemed to feel more drained after #3, but after I had my fourth I didn't feel any different.

As for 20's vs. 30's.  I wouldn't trade having had my children in my early 20's when I did because I had the energy to take care of them more then, than I do now.  I'm only 32 and I feel more tired now, and I hurt occasionally now in areas I've never hurt before.  Also I heal slower now than I did 10+ years ago.  I'm glad to know that by the time I hit 40 nearly all of my children will be adults.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)