Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you feel it is easier to Have children in 30s then 20s

Posted by   + Show Post
I was wondering how many mothers think that its easier when they have there kids in there 30s rather then in there 20s? I am soon to be 31 and about to have a little girl. I noticed my last preg I was 28 and my body took it way harder then when I had my first son at 22 and now at 30 my body is always tired and I feel drained like this one is just taking everything out of me. I was wondering if any other moms found it harder to be prego in there 30s
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:57 PM
Replies (31-40):
yroder2003
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 3:27 PM
Exactly, your only old if you think your old. I've gotton in kind of a lazy slump (I know, terrible of me since I have an active 8 yr old dd) and should be doing more exercise type things. I did start walking with dd around the neighborhood while she rides her bike, so I'm doing something, but I need to get more active again if we do get the chance on having another baby.

Quoting BuckeyezRule:

Also, for us, anyways, a lot better financially prepared. We married at 23, and traveled until I got preggo at newly 28. I turned 29 when our 1st, ds, was just over 2 mos. I never dreamed I'd have another and we'd be finished with kids by 30, which we, more me, wanted. I had a dd when ds was 12 1/2 mos old. I turned 30 2 mos later. I sometimes wish I were younger, but, honestly, we do 10 mile hikes regularly as a family. Kids are 8 1/2 and 9 1/2 now. His friends and her friends are blurred. Lol I play like a kid. Lol just me. :)

Quoting yroder2003:

that's what i've heard from many mom's in there 30's is that they were mentally ready by that time vs 20's

Quoting e-doolittle:

Physically it's hard. But I was more mentally prepared

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jackiewal10
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 3:29 PM

I feel the same way that you do.  Although I didn't have my first until I was 28 (mostly pregnant while I was still 27).  I believe that the human body was not designed to have children outside the late teens and the 20's.  I don't advocate teen pregnancy in the least, but historically speaking that is when our bodies are designed for pregnancy.  This pregnancy...my 3rd, at the age of 33 is already 10 times worse than my other two and I'm only 10 weeks into it.  I have NEVER been this tired.  Not even with a newborn. :(

mom2kortni
by Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 4:48 PM

Quoting Pukalani79:

I had all three of mine when I was in my 20's

drabbyshabbymom
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 5:17 PM

I had my daughter a few months after I turned 30. I was crippled through the whole pregnancy. My back and hips always hurt to the point my husband had to do everything. I was exhausted after just walking up the stairs to use the rest room.  My son I had in the mid 20's and I was chipper as could be. TOns of energy and evrything. So I think phsyically yes way harder in your 30's

EllesmomJen
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 5:50 PM

I had my daughter when I turned 32 and I had a great pregnancy! It felt easy, but I think I got lucky. And she came quick. My water broke and she was born 7 hours later with only 8 minutes pushing :). I'm glad we waited as we traveled and enjoyed lots of time before starting a family. However I'm nervous about having another and I'm 33 now!

littleangie
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 6:25 PM

I had my kids in my thirties because I was not ready to have them in my 20s.  Both pregnancies were great!  I am financially comfortable and know that I have the means to put a little bit of money away for each of my children when they get older. 

Cynthje
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 6:27 PM

I had my first when i was 29 and my second when i was 31 so i have no idea if it had been easier had i been younger. My pregnancies were not hard though and my seccond birth was super easy, almost pain free.

I know that i would not have a great parent in my 20's so im happy i chose to wait

Diamondblue1
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 6:32 PM
In your 20's for real lol. I just had my 4th baby in november i was 34. I'm 35 now i turned 35 in janurary. My other kids are 17, 14, 10 and now started all over again lol. But it gets more emotional i think in your 30's i'm dealling with PPD still my leg just stop swelling a couple days ago so far i'll say, plus i was borderline gestational diabetic. And i was already big before i got pregnant. So it made things a little worse it wasn't too too bad but it's a big difference.
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:49 PM
I agree.

Quoting e-doolittle:

Physically it's hard. But I was more mentally prepared
CampClan
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:40 PM

I can't say it's gets easier with age but parenting style has been established the older you get with each kid. I was 20 when I had my oldest (he will be 17 in a few weeks) & I was 33 when I had my youngest (he will be 4 at the end of May). With a few kids in between (3 to be exact LOL). Neither was easier- my oldest was the only one I actually had my water break on me & went into labor with contractions. My youngest was a bundle of hormones & a planned c-section. That was hard for sure since I was never emotional with the other 4 kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)