Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Do you feel it is easier to Have children in 30s then 20s

Posted by   + Show Post
I was wondering how many mothers think that its easier when they have there kids in there 30s rather then in there 20s? I am soon to be 31 and about to have a little girl. I noticed my last preg I was 28 and my body took it way harder then when I had my first son at 22 and now at 30 my body is always tired and I feel drained like this one is just taking everything out of me. I was wondering if any other moms found it harder to be prego in there 30s
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:57 PM
Replies (41-48):
liliem
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:41 PM

I feel like you. My first at 22 was a piece of cake and my body bounced back nicely. At 32 my body went from an extra small to a medium and my feet grew an extra size. Pregnant right now with #3 and it was the worst pregnancy ever. Now in the third trimester it's a little better but I am 2 pounds more than I was full term with my last baby. Ugh... I hope I can recover and work out and try to look semi-decent again because I know I will never be a size 0 again and I have not been able to wear a bikini in 2 years.

bubbleguppies
by Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:17 PM

2 kids in my in my 20 s.. 2 kids in my 30s.. 20s much easier on your body, but i always say giving birth is still the easiest part of it, it gets harder after age 3.5, when kids start classes and activities and you just never have a break,ever..

oliver92
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 12:16 AM
1 mom liked this

i am 37 today and my body is like holy goodness what have you done to me. HA HA, im tired emotional and throw up all the time, so it sucks. :) my ds is 3 it was easier even then, and my other ds is 11, but ms stinks no matter what age you are, my body probably felt better years ago. but stress wise and mentally i think the older you are you are more experienced and calm and level headed.  its easier in that respect.

momofjnlj
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 8:40 PM

My first I was 17, my second and last was 32. My second was way harder than the first. The second time, I slept all the time, had less energy, severe heartburn and had pre-clampsia and gave birth at 36 weeks.

soymujer
by Gold Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Though I was pregnant when I was in my 20s for all 3 of my pregnancies, I find it easier to raise little ones in my 20's.  My 7 year old is always on the go and I can't keep up like I used to!

family in the van   Mom of four

KeimUNCmomof3
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 5:01 PM

I don't really think age matters, it's how your body can cope with pregnancy, if you are healthy or not, if you have complications....ya know, it just really depends on the person.  I had very complicated pregnancies and high-risk, you would think I was 40 something with all that was going on....but, I was 27 to 30 years old when I had my children.

butterbabie
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 5:56 PM
I had my daughter at 21 now I'm having a son at 33. No morning sickness with either one. This time around though I'm more anxious. I'm kind of tired of being pregnant only Because I want to meet my boy!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mandapanda82
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 5:58 PM
Yes!! I just had more energy I , was more fun I think!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN