Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Follow up question to "I always overdo it"

Posted by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 7:34 PM
  • 14 Replies

Do you get annoyed when invited to someone else's house and it is not clean or they made no effort to put out food, ect

I do if they make no effort to pick up.  I don't mean there are toys scattered around and they didn't get the lunch dishes done..... I mean mounts of smelly dishes, dirty diapers around, no surface without junk on it.  There are some friends I do not take home invites from.  I love them but their house keeping skills are scary.

I am ok with any food they serve as long as it was prepared in a clean environment.

by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 7:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:47 PM

I don't get annoyed but I wonder how people live like that. I'm really crazy about my house being clean because that is how I like to live. I don't understand women that are not clean. I also wouldn't eat from their house if it's really dirty.

hollydaze1974
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:14 PM
2 moms liked this
I've never experienced this type of person in my " circle" as it were .

Does no one hang out with families who hit middle ground of the two extremes mentioned?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:16 PM

Yes. Thankfully none of our friends are like that though. I am not a super clean neat freak but I like stuff to have a place. 

occumommy
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:21 PM
I tend to not bring my kids to friend`s houses like that. And i wont invite people over if i have been slacking. Which of coarse means there may be dishes in my sink from the previous night. The only thing i cannot control is my floor, everything stains the damn thing and i havnt gotten around to getting a good coat of wax on it. Sorry i scrub my floor once a week, no more. But most my friends know the situation so it`s a non-issue
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FooLynRoo
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:25 PM

I had this younger girl I friended, she had two little boys and had a lot of problems.I thought i could help her.

I would go over once a month or so, bring dinner, helper her put the boys down and we would watch a movie etc.

Everytime Ishowed up, her floors were entirely covered with toys, Her kitche had a gate on it and it was a small galley type. and ther would be like a mountain of diapers piled up near the garbage can like she just tossed them in there.

Her bathroom was so gross.

I would come over and clean up her house after a while. but I would always come back to the same type of mess.

I just gave up and for that and other reasons cut all ties with her.

It was so sad that someone lived like that.

TableforSeven
by Judy on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:22 PM
3 moms liked this

If I go over to someone's house I go there to see them, not their house.  I don't care if it as dirty or clean.

TroyboysMom
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:01 AM

I don't really know anyone whose home is a pigsty. I know people who are kind of cluttered, but I figure that is their home - it's not my place to say anything or judge anything if I am not the one living there.

Firewoman33
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:25 AM
Same here.

Quoting TableforSeven:

If I go over to someone's house I go there to see them, not their house.  I don't care if it as dirty or clean.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:33 PM

This and I'll admit that there are times when my house looks very "lived in", not dirty, smelly or gross but the catch all areas tend to overflow, lol.

This weekend is a perfect example, hubby worked (he doesn't lift a finger when it's a work night), I was at a basketball tournament all day Saturday (three games) and one game Sunday. I just wasn't able to get to everything during this time.  I would've been totally embarrassed if someone stopped by unannounced.

Quoting TroyboysMom:

I don't really know anyone whose home is a pigsty. I know people who are kind of cluttered, but I figure that is their home - it's not my place to say anything or judge anything if I am not the one living there.

SallyB_LMT
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:01 PM

I have a crazy mess right now.  My house takes literally 1 day to go from pristine to hell...I am talking, you can hardly walk through the room, smells terrible, sticky, toys everywhere, depressing to even be here...you get the picture.  When I am feeling well, I can get it all done.  When I am tired, depressed or unmotivated...forget about it.  I keep my kitchen clean enough that there's no risk of disease, I keep the bathroom free of mold, I am constantly picking up and scrubbing and wiping and decluttering...doesn't matter how much I do, like I said, it only takes one day.  I don't visit my friends to see their houses.  If it is very dirty and unsanitary I invite them over to my house.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN