Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

A Question for Moby Wrap Users

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:57 AM
  • 8 Replies

I'm having my first baby in July and plan on using the Moby Wrap.  I know the website says it can be used from birth to 35 pounds, but wanted to hear from any moms who have really used theirs for a long time. I'm not a fan of the carriers that look like reverse backpacks (Ergo, Bjorn etc) so I have no intention of using those, but want to be sure that I can get by with just the Moby!

by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Raeann11
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:09 AM

I love mine and still use it from time to time. But I have made my own out of t-shirt material. They hold up much better. My youngest is now 2 years old.

rdh2013
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:12 AM
I bought one when my second was born and it seemed to have way too much fabric. I could never wrap it correctly without it wodding up in the middle but I am pretty short. I ended up returning it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lovebugs_mom906
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:14 AM
I loved my Moby for tiny babies. I wore mine everywhere for the first few months. But, starting around 15lbs, it began to get saggy and baggy as I wore it. I had to re-tighten after just a little while with my son in it. I switched to the ergo and we both loved it.
ambertreas76
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:20 AM
1 mom liked this

I loved my wrap carrier.  It wasn't a Moby but it's the exact concept.  I have back issues and the wrap helped me with the kiddos until they were 2!  Highly highly recommended from this mom!

wonderwomanT08
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:22 AM
My baby hates itHe doesn't like to be swaddled either. Its cheaper to.buy your own fabric. That's all it is
Firewoman33
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 2:21 PM
Same here.

Also I wouldn't lump ergo and bjorn together. They only look similar. I've had major back surgery and could carry my son around for hours in the ergo. I could only last about 20 minutes with the bjorn.

Quoting lovebugs_mom906:

I loved my Moby for tiny babies. I wore mine everywhere for the first few months. But, starting around 15lbs, it began to get saggy and baggy as I wore it. I had to re-tighten after just a little while with my son in it. I switched to the ergo and we both loved it.

nay1908
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 7:17 AM

Quoting ambertreas76:

I loved my wrap carrier.  It wasn't a Moby but it's the exact concept.  I have back issues and the wrap helped me with the kiddos until they were 2!  Highly highly recommended from this mom!

Thanks for the feedback.  What brand was yours? 

ambertreas76
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 7:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Mine was made by a local woman when we lived in Vegas.  She made each unique and had a huge assortment of colors and fabric-types.  We found it at a baby show.  The thing was awesome.  We had a Bjorn but, to be honest, the carrier was not as nice to wear as my wrap.

**I tried to find her website for you but couldn't.  She may not be in business anymore.  We got ours 4-5 years ago.

Quoting ambertreas76:

Thanks for the feedback.  What brand was yours? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN