Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Do you do Easter baskets for your children?

Posted by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 12:20 AM
  • 41 Replies

Does your family have a special Easter tradition?  Do you do Easter baskets for your kids and dye eggs?  Do you have a certain budget for Easter gifts?

by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 12:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nikkilynn4
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 12:57 AM

we dont have a special easter tradition, since its one of the smaller holidays but we do always celebrate in some way... we do baskets every year and usually dye eggs (im not this year cause were going to be celebrating at the river). i dont stick to a certain budget but i dont go crazy either lol, i have 4 kids and i think we spent between 45-50 this year... 

MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 1:01 AM

we like to have Easter brunch, do an egg hunt either at the city or at home, they were too young to decorate the eggs but maybe this year, no budget particularly but nothing major like what they would get for Christmas or their birthday.  I usually do like coloring books, crayons, stickers, bubbles, kites, pinwheels, some candy or cookie.  Just stuff that they could use for the season or to expand their mind.

luckymomma08
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 1:05 AM

we spend $100 dollars a basket, dye eggs, and buy games and movies for after the egg hunt. i cook a huge breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

MrsAmyLynn83
by Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 2:21 AM
We dye eggs and I make easter baskets, but we don't give candy in the baskets. They each get an outfit, an iTunes card and lip gloss for the girls and bath crayons for my son.

They used to argue over not getting candy, but they are used to it now.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Mar. 14, 2013 at 2:36 AM

We dye eggs but I'm trying to think of an alternative this year.  We have an egg hunt at my parent's house.  And we do Easter baskets.  Not tiny stuff beause I hate wasting my money on tiny junk that will never get used.  I think we usually spend about $30 per basket. 

CarrieMJ
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 7:56 AM
We color eggs , hide them in the morning so the girls can find them and they each get a basket :)
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 8:07 AM

No budget. Not that I'm saying we can spend hundreds of dollars but I don't go in with a special thing in mind. 

We sometimes dye eggs. My kids (although they are only 5 and 10) aren't and never really have been interested in things like that. 

Yes we do baskets but nothing extravagent. I'd rather get them toys or outfits rather than candy. We still have candy from Valentine's parties and Mardi Gras parades. 

Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 8:13 AM

I have no set amount for my daughter's basket...  My dd actually uses the same white wicker basket she got for her first Easter.  She puts the empty basket out the night before Eater and in the morning it's filled!  Since she's not a big candy eater she only gets a little candy, basically all of the stuff she really likes.  Then usually a summer outfit, lip gloss and some jewelry.  She does an egg hunt in the house (they are usually filled with money, little candy, and earrings), we usually go to a family members house and the kids all do a huge egg hunt.

This year I am not sure when we will dye eggs, we normally do it a few days before Easter, but this year her Spring Break falls before Easter so she will be at my dad's house for the week.

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

skippito
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 8:17 AM
We do color eggs. For my girls easter basket they get a stuffed bunny amd art supplies. We usually do a big egg hunt with the cousins. I don't think we'll get to do it this year though because of the weather, maybe a scaled down version inside just for the girls. Then sometimes we have lunch at my sil's house. A fun relaxing day usually.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mysweetoctbaby
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 8:22 AM

Oddly, my mother still does Easter baskets for us.  We bring LO's to her house to do an egg hunt, and she has one giant easter basket for all of her children to pick through.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN