Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

where did you see yourself???

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 1:15 AM
  • 4 Replies
I always believed at thirty I would have had it together u know the dream...house,husband,job and 2.5 kids with a family mascot....at 18 we have an idea where we think we would be at 30....are u where u said u be??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 1:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
TableforSeven
by Judy on Mar. 15, 2013 at 1:26 AM

I'm pretty much where I expected....actual, physical location is the only thing I didn't predict!  Lol

At 18 I knew I would be married at 30....easy to know since we got married when I was 18.  I always knew I would have children and be a SAHM.....we have 5 kids and I have been a SAHM since before our first child was born.  As far as owning a house, etc i never really cared to own as long as I had a roof over my head....we have owned two houses since getting married and currently rent (which I prefer).

The only thing I didn't predict back at age 18 was our move to Israel.....though we have been talking about is since our late 20s and moved here last fall.

SallyB_LMT
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 2:14 AM

When I was 18 we wrote where we thought we'd be in 15 years.  I said, I would be married, 4 kids, own my home, be a massage therapist...I did all that, however I didn't marry the guy I thought I would.

PlaysAllDay
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 2:15 AM
No, lol. Not even close, but it's better than expected. At 18 I thought we would take over the family business. That we would always live in the city. We would work long hard hours and never get to enjoy life but we would get by with limited luxuries. I knew I would always work, it was required, and I was ok with it. I thought we would eventually own a home and that it would be small and in a not so great area, because it's what we could afford and we needed to stay close to work. At 22 after 3 MC's we thought we would never have kids. We were told I couldn't by 3 different doctors so we went on with life, heartbroken, and expecting it to be just us.

I had our 1st child at 24, 2nd at 27. We started an online business for extra cash to help pay off my medical bills when I was 27. That business grew and grew and grew. Next thing I knew DH told my parents he was quitting to take care of his company. A year, at 30, I turned down the family business to become a SAHM. I still feel guilty because of my choice it shut down. That same year I had child #3, and exactly 1 year later I had #4, and, we moved out of the city. So things are a little different that I expected.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Pink.Frosting
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 2:29 AM

I never really thought I would or wouldn't be at a certain place in life at certain ages.  I'm a totally different kind of person than I thought I would be, but "where I'm at" isn't something I gave a lot of thought to.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)