Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Handmade Double wedding ring quilt..... What would you think about getting one as a wedding present?

Posted by   + Show Post

My best, closest, dearest friend of 13 years is getting married later this year.  She has requested I not buy her anything for her wedding.  I am her matron of Honor and I have already been warned she will be tapping me for a lot of help doing stuff.  

She said I could make her something.  But she would kick my ass if I bought her anything.   I can't just give my best friend (basically my sister) NOTHING for her wedding.  

So I want to make her a Quilt.  A Double Wedding Ring quilt to be exact.  My question is to to you guys.  What would you think if you were given a Handmade Double Wedding Ring quilt?   Is it to old Fashioned?  To hokey?  

by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 3:34 AM
Replies (11-20):
BellaByrdie
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 9:11 AM

LOL.  UHHH more notice would be necessary.  That sucker is DIFFICULT.   lol

Quoting huntersmama711:

I personally would love it. My wedding's in June, thanks! Lol

je80ss
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 9:49 AM

Well my bf's mother made both kids and him a quilt each for their birthdays and they all LOVE them and sleep with them every night.  Now I don't consider myself a quilt person but my aunt made one and gave it to me for Christmas.  I love it and it is always on my couch.  What I'm trying to say is nothing beats something homemade from the heart.  She will always remember you for it and it will always remind her of her special day and she'll get to see it everyday!  I think that is a wonderful gift not to mention all the time and effort you will need to put into it!

Raeann11
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Hubby's grandmother wanted to make us one. She had some medical issues. So a lady at her church was kind enough and made us one of those blankets. We loved it.

AuntieMom101
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:36 AM
That would be the greatest gift!!!!! It takes a lot of time and patience to make a quilt so that would make it a million times more valuable to me :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
belindah
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:02 PM

I would have loved it.

LadySaphira
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:03 PM

I would love one!

BLRiley
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:05 PM
NOTHING could be more special!!!! :-)
Marz31
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 1:01 PM

that would be a wonderful gift. I would cherish it. I LOVE quilts!

HarleyMom4599
by Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 2:22 PM
My favorite wedding gift is/was a double wedding ring quilt!!!! Wish I had the patience to cut the pieces and make more of them! Great gift idea!!!!
Mommy980106
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 2:28 PM
That is an awesome gift! I would be thrilled to get one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN