Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Handmade Double wedding ring quilt..... What would you think about getting one as a wedding present?

Posted by   + Show Post

My best, closest, dearest friend of 13 years is getting married later this year.  She has requested I not buy her anything for her wedding.  I am her matron of Honor and I have already been warned she will be tapping me for a lot of help doing stuff.  

She said I could make her something.  But she would kick my ass if I bought her anything.   I can't just give my best friend (basically my sister) NOTHING for her wedding.  

So I want to make her a Quilt.  A Double Wedding Ring quilt to be exact.  My question is to to you guys.  What would you think if you were given a Handmade Double Wedding Ring quilt?   Is it to old Fashioned?  To hokey?  

by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 3:34 AM
Replies (21-30):
Pukalani79
by Kris on Mar. 15, 2013 at 2:32 PM

I would love it

momof2891
by Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 5:49 PM
I would personally love it and cherish it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nanasue31204
by Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 5:52 PM
I'd love it, I was promised one for mine but that family member decided that she doesn't like me because I don't let another member of the family near me or my kids because they are dangerous. I want to learn to quilt but I don't know anyone else who could help me learn.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Mar. 15, 2013 at 7:07 PM

I would love it.

TTC2Long
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 7:09 PM
I would be VERY touched that someone went to all that trouble for me. That means more to me than a store-bought gift. We have a few handmade baby blankets and I treasure them. :)
boshs1andonly
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 7:12 PM
I would love it! That's so thoughtful of you
BellaByrdie
by Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 7:12 PM
There are a lot of tutorials online. Like you tube. I had learned in high school originally but I got refreshed with it on YouTube. And learned other quilts and technics

Quoting nanasue31204:

I'd love it, I was promised one for mine but that family member decided that she doesn't like me because I don't let another member of the family near me or my kids because they are dangerous. I want to learn to quilt but I don't know anyone else who could help me learn.

notuseless
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 7:13 PM

i would love it... and i bet you have a great customer base if you ever want to sell some here.... hint, hint.

Cynthje
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 7:19 PM

I would love it! Personally i never wanted any gifts for myself but something handmade that someone took the time and love to make is priceless and very precious!

My mother made quilts for both my kids when they were born and i really love and cherish them! 

SallyB_LMT
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 7:22 PM

I think that is a lovely gift.  My mil made my bil/sil a quilt when they got married, she had all her relatives make a square for it and then she pieced it together and quilted it.  My next door neighbor is a professional longarm quilter.  She finishes people's quilts for them.  :)  I would have loved to get a handmade quilt that is such a sweet gift!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)