Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Handmade Double wedding ring quilt..... What would you think about getting one as a wedding present?

Posted by   + Show Post

My best, closest, dearest friend of 13 years is getting married later this year.  She has requested I not buy her anything for her wedding.  I am her matron of Honor and I have already been warned she will be tapping me for a lot of help doing stuff.  

She said I could make her something.  But she would kick my ass if I bought her anything.   I can't just give my best friend (basically my sister) NOTHING for her wedding.  

So I want to make her a Quilt.  A Double Wedding Ring quilt to be exact.  My question is to to you guys.  What would you think if you were given a Handmade Double Wedding Ring quilt?   Is it to old Fashioned?  To hokey?  

by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 3:34 AM
Replies (31-40):
Dabberdoo
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 7:41 PM
I think that's beautiful.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
annelauer
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 7:43 PM
That is very sweet of you. You sound like a great friend.
OliviaW.
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 7:52 PM
My grandma move me one when I got married I love it.
bluedolly01
by Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 7:59 PM
I would LOVE it. Just the effort alone to make it (let alone the materials) valuable.

I would treasure it forever.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BellaByrdie
by Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Wow.  I am surprised.  I was worried it would be to "old" a gift.  Or to trite.   You guys have helped ease a HUGE knot!!!

merryvoice
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:08 AM

I'm not entirely sure what that is, but anything handmade is way better than something you buy! 

Thunderbug75
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:05 AM

I would very very happy with a quilt.  But then again I grew up making quilts with my Grandma and Aunt.  Great memories!

irritablekat
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:15 AM

It would be amazing and appreciated!

lmoulton
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:00 PM

i would love something like that as a gift since it would be homemade and some thing i can keep forever out in the opening for others to see or on my bed....i would go for it...

e-doolittle
by Kelly on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:26 PM
Sounds great!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)