Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Handmade Double wedding ring quilt..... What would you think about getting one as a wedding present?

Posted by   + Show Post

My best, closest, dearest friend of 13 years is getting married later this year.  She has requested I not buy her anything for her wedding.  I am her matron of Honor and I have already been warned she will be tapping me for a lot of help doing stuff.  

She said I could make her something.  But she would kick my ass if I bought her anything.   I can't just give my best friend (basically my sister) NOTHING for her wedding.  

So I want to make her a Quilt.  A Double Wedding Ring quilt to be exact.  My question is to to you guys.  What would you think if you were given a Handmade Double Wedding Ring quilt?   Is it to old Fashioned?  To hokey?  

by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 3:34 AM
Replies (41-50):
sakpoints
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:31 PM

I would love it!  Nothing better than a handmade gift made with love!

AmesCSki
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:05 PM
I would have loved that as a gift! It's a great idea!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jesusgirl76
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:24 PM
I would love that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Garnet131
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:55 PM
We got one from my husbands grandma for our wedding gift!! It's beautiful and I cherish it!
unsuspected
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:57 PM
I would cherish it and feel honored. Just make sure you choose a color scheme she loves.
ksbondgirl
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 12:01 AM

I LOVE QUILTS!!  I was raised on them.

BellaByrdie
by Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 2:12 AM

I am.  The good thing about her being my best friend I know her well.   I am going to do one in browns, neutrals and dark red.  Which will is the theme in her bedroom (should she decide to use it) or in her living room (if she wanted to display it instead) 

Quoting unsuspected:

I would cherish it and feel honored. Just make sure you choose a color scheme she loves.

ambertreas76
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 8:18 AM
That's an awesome gift! My husbands grandma made us quilts for our wedding and the births of our kids. They are cherished!
SamsMomSays
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 9:23 AM
I would LOVE it!! I wish someone had given us one. :)
edelweiss23
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 9:25 AM
I would love it
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)