Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Handmade Double wedding ring quilt..... What would you think about getting one as a wedding present?

Posted by   + Show Post

My best, closest, dearest friend of 13 years is getting married later this year.  She has requested I not buy her anything for her wedding.  I am her matron of Honor and I have already been warned she will be tapping me for a lot of help doing stuff.  

She said I could make her something.  But she would kick my ass if I bought her anything.   I can't just give my best friend (basically my sister) NOTHING for her wedding.  

So I want to make her a Quilt.  A Double Wedding Ring quilt to be exact.  My question is to to you guys.  What would you think if you were given a Handmade Double Wedding Ring quilt?   Is it to old Fashioned?  To hokey?  

by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 3:34 AM
Replies (51-58):
ame0608
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 12:58 PM

I think this is a lovely idea! I would probably cry if someone made something like this for my wedding :)

SassyLaLa85
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 1:11 PM

I would LOVE it!!

crwspringer
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 1:14 PM
I personally would love it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
liss05
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Sounds like a beautiful gift.

Devious103102
by Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:12 PM

that'd be nice =0)

cjsix
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:26 PM

I would love it! I actually would really love to have a double wedding ring quilt someday.

Momma,your friend will Love and Treasure it because someone she cares so much about and is so close to made it just for her and her new husband! It's a wonderful gift that is certain to become a family heirloom for them!

PinkButterfly66
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:32 PM

No, that would be a wonderful gift.  

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:46 AM

I'd love it. I love handmade things like that. It's more special than if you went out and bought her any old blanket. It's something she and her children can treasure for years to come. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)