Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

If you got this letter, would you forgive ?

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 7:50 AM
  • 39 Replies

Dear, Woman of the home

I think you and a friend of yours were walking with your dog's yesterday in front of my house ? (if you have no idea what I'm talking about please disregard letter)

I believe I owe you both a Apology... I was in the middle of running irrigation tests and when I saw you ladies out front "It did NOT even register in my brain" that this homes sprinklers spray OVER the side walk until about an hour later (were I'm from we don't use these jet type sprayer for residential lawns) !!!! I was NOT trying to be rude OR get you wet OR chase you off !!!!

I hope you don't take this all personally and can forgive my Momentary stupidity!!! 
My irrigation is set to go off between 5:30am and 6:30am ish. I hope this does not interfere with your dog walking. 
Have a nice day.

by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 7:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ChrystalGreene
by Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 7:50 AM

And yes... I'm the jerk neighbor that turned my sprinklers on, looked at them and walk off thinking nothing of it. 

embarrassed

tecsabates
by Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 7:52 AM
1 mom liked this
At least you are willing to own up to it and apologize :) Everyone has their oops moments.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TheMrs407
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 7:55 AM
Yes. I think the letter is going a little above and beyond. A simple sorry would have been fine with me. How did they know where you lived though?
ChrystalGreene
by Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:05 AM

I think you mean how I know where they live ?  

Well I went in my back yard to check the irrigation back there too and a blond woman I never seen before (except when i watered her) was in my neighbors yard, that told me he just got married and she shot me evil eyes and stormed in the house.

Quoting TheMrs407:

Yes. I think the letter is going a little above and beyond. A simple sorry would have been fine with me. How did they know where you lived though?

Thunderbug75
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:09 AM
1 mom liked this

I would forgive and have a good laugh!

TheMrs407
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:11 AM
4 moms liked this
Lol. I see. Yes, I thought you were the one who was sprayed. I think your letter is fine. Maybe send a small peace offering (cookies, homemade bread) if you are really worried and trying to make amends.

Quoting ChrystalGreene:

I think you mean how I know where they live ?  

Well I went in my back yard to check the irrigation back there too and a blond woman I never seen before (except when i watered her) was in my neighbors yard, that told me he just got married and she shot me evil eyes and stormed in the house.

Quoting TheMrs407:

Quinn525
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:46 AM
I think it's a very nice gesture and I would appreciate it if someone gave me that letter if I had gotten watered.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OliviaW.
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Personally I wouldn't be mad if I got watered since it happened before. I'd apologize and maybe make something as a peace offering. If she doesn't forgive and forget that's on her after that.
LuckyMom822
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 9:14 AM

I think it is a very nice gesture and yes i would forgive. If they can't forgive then they are just being mean. 

belindah
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 9:21 AM

I think it is really sweet of you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)