Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

really irritated...

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:12 PM
  • 8 Replies
My 9yo dd wears reading glasses. She just came out of her room and wanted to sit on the couch and read with me. I asked where her glasses were. she said she didn't know, and had no idea how long they've been missing because she didn't bother to tell me they were gone. What the hell?! We are really tight on money, and I stressed to her how important it is that she NOT lose then because I can't afford another pair and her ass hole father, who makes way more than dh and I, won't pay for them. So now she's in her room sobbing and wailing like I've beaten her, because i'm making her clean the whole room, top to bottom, until they are found. I need a freaking drink.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
diaperstodating
by Angel on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:16 PM

I am also irritated!! My four year old started wearing glasses in November. He lost one pair at school, and two pairs broke. The eyeglasses he has now is his fourth pair... since November!!

I started wearing glasses when I was ten and have never lost or broke a pair of glasses. My oldest sons have been wearing glasses since they were ten and also have never broke or lost a pair of glasses. This preschooler in eyeglasses situation is very frustrating for me!!

angry

occumommy
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:16 PM
(((hugs))) my dd broke hers and neither her father or i could replace them right away....now she needs glasses full time :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hollydaze1974
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:35 PM
Wow! I'm so sorry! My almost three yr old as worn them since 15 mos. old. After about two months of fussing with us , he realized he could see the wall before smacking into it and has now asks for them in the morning. Not to say we haven't been through a couple of pairs due to his roughhousing. But it is never ever because he doesn't wear them. Right now, he's got band aids on an arm that broke and on a spot
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hollydaze1974
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:53 PM
Wow! I'm so sorry! My almost three yr old as worn them since 15 mos. old. After about two months of fussing with us , he realized he could see the wall before smacking into it and has now asks for them in the morning. Not to say we haven't been through a couple of pairs due to his roughhousing.
But it is never ever because he doesn't wear them. Right now, he's got band aids on an arm that broke and on the spot where a nose pad broke.

His appt is Monday and he's been wearing them like that for a month and a half. We figured there was no reason to replace them with money we didn't have if the perscription was to change.

I'm sorry she doesn't " get" the idea of how much glasses, cost. That's a lesson that they all have to brutally learn. ...at three, eight, twelve, or 16!

I'm sorry! I wish you good luck in finding them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
belindah
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:56 PM

sometimes local walmarts will fix glasses, the frame part like the arm for free,

Quoting hollydaze1974:

Wow! I'm so sorry! My almost three yr old as worn them since 15 mos. old. After about two months of fussing with us , he realized he could see the wall before smacking into it and has now asks for them in the morning. Not to say we haven't been through a couple of pairs due to his roughhousing. But it is never ever because he doesn't wear them. Right now, he's got band aids on an arm that broke and on a spot

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Mar. 16, 2013 at 3:18 PM

Oh no~ I hope she finds them.

Pukalani79
by Kris on Mar. 16, 2013 at 4:32 PM

My daughter misplaces hers all the time.  I've learned not to freak out about it.  They always turn up.

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 5:58 PM

My son has worn them for 3 years. Surprisingly enough he's never lost them but he only wears them for reading so he keeps them in his back pack at school. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN