Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

moving

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 1:39 PM
  • 7 Replies

We are moving from the first to the third, but we arent moving far.  We live in apartment building and we are just moving down one floor to a bigger apartment.  I dont see the point of packing somethings, little things and odd and ends Ill pack, but my attitude is just grab and go.  What do you all think?

by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 1:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ChancesMommy07
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 1:46 PM

I definitely wouldn't go to the trouble of packing it all up. Just grab a few laundry baskets and start hauling. 

belindah
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 1:49 PM

I agree with you,

ChancesMommy07
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 1:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't like to move at all. I told my husband that if we ever decided to sell the house and move somewhere else I'm just taking the pictures and selling everything else with the house! I'd rather start over than attempt to pack all this stuff,lol.

belindah
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this

i dont mind the moving its the packing i have even considered hiring a moving company lol

WesternNYmom
by Alaina on Mar. 17, 2013 at 2:47 PM

Ugh. I hate packing for a move. I decided after our last move, that I am only packing our clothes and  some of our most treasured personal items (photos, books we actually read,cds, dvds, and toys the kids actually play with). I am only packing up what I really need from the kitchen, and bathroom, and the only furniture that will be coming with us is the bedroom furniture for all 3 bedrooms, and my fav wooden rocking chair.  Everything else is getting sold, donated, or thrown out.  I figure we can get a new livingroom set and dinning furniture when we move.

hollydaze1974
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 3:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Our house is pretty small. We'd take most of it. ESPECIALLY my fridge and my couches. Alot of our furniture is passed down to us from past loved ones, can't really get rid of that stuff, you know?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Mar. 17, 2013 at 3:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree.

Quoting ChancesMommy07:

I definitely wouldn't go to the trouble of packing it all up. Just grab a few laundry baskets and start hauling. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN