Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

10 years!

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:17 AM
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hubby and I went away for the weekend without the kids to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary.  It's not until April 5th but ds has opening weekend of tee ball then so we went ahead and went early.

It was an amazing trip!

First off we were being followed by this really irritating man driving this big truck on the way up there.  I'm going 60 in a 55 and there's nowhere to pull over.  So we get to a passing lane and he flies around me like I'm standing still yelling at me and flipping me off.  He was going at least 70-75.  Well hello Mr. CHP good timing!  Bye bye obnoxious man in truck, enjoy your ticket!

We get there and hubby wanted to wait and book a room using hotels tonight because he had a $25 credit.  We wandered around and when noon came we checked the deals on his phone.  The hotel we had been eyeballing all week was on there!  Ended up paying $76 for a $120 hotel room.  Not too shabby.  Or at least that's what we thought.  Went to see if we could go ahead and check in early and they say "oh, we never do this but we are out of rooms.  You were our last possibile reservation for the day so we have to stick you in the one room we have left."  I'm thinking great, we are going to get stuck in a bad room.  Nope, the only room they had left was the suite!  So we ended up with the suite.  It was a really nice eco friendly hotel.  The beds were so comfy and they were so nice there.  We took a business card in case we ever go back to that area again!

Things just continued like that all weekend.  We are gluten free and found the BEST gluten free pizza we have ever tasted.  Everything just went right :)

Now we are home again.  I missed the kids but boy I didn't want to leave!  

Hubby and I at the lake.  Ignore my fly away hair it was a breezy out :)

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love.  ~Mildred B. Vermont
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Kylie819
by Michael Westen on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:20 AM
Sounds like fun! Happy Anniversary!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SallyB_LMT
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:26 AM

:)  You look like you're having a great time.  Congratulations!

annelauer
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:05 AM
Congratulations! Glad things went your way!
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Mar. 18, 2013 at 6:14 AM

Glad you had a good time~ Happy anniversary :)

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Mar. 18, 2013 at 6:53 AM
Awesome! Happy anniversary! :)
starlight91
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 7:35 AM

Happy Anniversary

VintageWife
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 7:38 AM
Sounds like a great time!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CarrieMJ
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 7:38 AM

Great! sounds like a fun time, Happy Anniversary!! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN