Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Do you accept

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 8:53 AM
  • 35 Replies

anything a family member offers you?

Like if they just start emptying a closet and offering you the things they no longer want/need? 

by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 8:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ambermario4ever
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 8:56 AM

No. Not unless it is something that I want or need.

occumommy
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:23 AM
1 mom liked this

generally when this happens the stuff floats around from house to house to house. person 1 empties everything they don't want into a tote gives to person b, who takes out what they want and gives to person c. by the time it makes it to the end most the stuff is gone and the last person brings what's left to the thrift store, or thows the stuff out. depending on what it is and it's condition.

whatmynameagain
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:42 AM
No. I feel weird taking anything from people even family,
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DalesLgndLvsOn3
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:44 AM

If it's something I can use or need then yes, if not I offer to drop it off at a donation center for them if they woud like.

ShelbysHope76
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:54 AM

Yep, just got a bunch of skin care from MIL and a cute pair of black jeans and 2 pair of sandals. If she gives me anything that I cant wear, I bring to work and let the other girls take what they want.

liss05
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:00 AM

This.

Quoting DalesLgndLvsOn3:

If it's something I can use or need then yes, if not I offer to drop it off at a donation center for them if they woud like.

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:13 AM
No way!
CarrieMJ
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Yes! I'm bad for this, I have this thing where I can't say no.. I feel bad and mother in law does this to me all the time and I end up taking it home and throwing it out or giving it away lol. I'm getting better at saying no though, I just say our house isn't that big and I can't take anymore stuff we may not use ;)

Raeann11
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:34 AM

If we need it yes but otherwise no.

givenshl
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:44 AM

I have a younger relative that gives my girls lots of nice things when she does her seasonal clearing of the closet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)